4.1/5
Arm & Hammer Double Duty Cat Litter Reviews
#165 in Pet Products

2.0/5

January 15, 2018

There are a few reasons I gave this a low rating...

There are a few reasons I gave this a low rating, the first is the overpowering perfumey scent. I hoped that the baking soda would keep the litter box smelling fresh for the day, but instead when I got home from being away for part of the day, the litter area smells of perfumy cat poo..which is rather nauseating. I also noticed two out of my 3 cats (the older ones) started sneezing and having a runny nose after using it.
    My senior cat is in end-stage renal failure that causes her to become dehydrated, her feet get dry, so when she dug to cover her urine the damp cat litter clumped under her paw pads and dried to an almost cement consistency, I actually had to bring her into the vets to help me chip off the dried cat litter and clip the hair around the bottom of her paws. I tried this for a few days then tossed out the rest, I was very disappointed in this product.

Updated On: January 15, 2018

I've discovered Pine Pellet litter, never going back to clumping litter again :)

December 13, 2017

My go to

This is my go to when it comes to kitty litter as it really does eliminate the smell. I've found that if I had a busy couple of days and forgot to clean the litter box, there would be no noticeable smell, which is great for anyone who like myself lives in an apartment. My cat seems to like it as well. The only downside is the same as with any clumping litter - the sand will somehow be everywhere in your house when the cat kicks it out of the box. I've tried many different mats to "trap" the sand around the box but I still find it carries.

July 27, 2017

Without a doubt!

I find it a bit expensive but I watch for it to be on sale and stock up. The two cats love it and one is very picky with the litter. If he doesn't like the litter he will do his business beside the litter box. This one as soon as I changed it he jumped right in and did his business.

July 27, 2017

My holy Grail.

A bit expensive when it's not on sale, but this litter is the best I've used. Kitty is happy, the litter don't smell and it last long. I really enjoy using arm & hammer product especially this one. A little Most, the dust is so little that my Cat can't hurt himself with it compare to other brand who have big rock as cat litter.

April 16, 2017

Arm & Hammer Double Duty cat litter lives up to it's name.
    We have used it for the first time in our small apartment and find NO ODORS!
    Also note the Best New Product Award in the top right corner by Canadian Living.
    We are impressed!

March 10, 2017

I have cat allergies and we have a cat at home, so, I really need to not smell her at all if I don't want to choke up and have difficulty breathing. The Arm and Hammer is by far the most effective in the way that it doesn't smell anything and it's easy for the hubby to pick up.

March 06, 2017

Arm & hammer double duty cat litter is the only littler i will use for my two cats. It clumps for easy disposal, and there is no mess when they hop out the litter box. My cat's refuse to use any other litter, so it is the only brand I purchase! It is not too expensive and goes a long way.

May 02, 2016

I have two cats and this litter does the job for the price. It's not perfect in covering up the smell, but I think that is more dependent on whether the cats choose to bury their business. Otherwise, the price isn't bad for what it is, clumps fairly well and the cats seem to like it.

April 01, 2016

Recently I have been buying the cheaper litter brands but Arm & Hammer has always been my go to brand. I was not satisfied what so ever with the odor blocking or clumping so I decided to go back to A&H;(and it was even on sale!!) What a difference!!! My love for this product is completely renewed and I will never cheap out on kitty litter again. You can't smell the litter box anywhere in the house, not even the bathroom where I keep it, the urine clumps and scoops clean every time - there is no wetness anywhere through out the litter box, and it lasts way longer than the other brands.

March 13, 2016

This is defiantly my go to cat litter, my spare room where this is located never smells like there is even a litter box in there. It's super easy to scoop out the waste and the remaining litter still smells fresh which is rare. This is also cheaper compared to other litters at my local store.