Prestige Item
BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed Reviews

December 27, 2017

Hyped up

I was excited to try this highlighter but I was a bit let down. I’ve tried it with many different brushes and can’t seem to get a good glow. I feel like it’s hyped up quite a bit.

November 01, 2017

Pretty buildable highlight

I received the shade Prosecco Pop in the October Boxycharm. You guys, when I saw this in the box I couldn't believe it. Thanks to Jaclyn Hill and the rest of Youtube, Becca is KNOWN for their highlights. In fact, speaking of Jaclyn, this shade is one of her collabs with Becca (originally limited edition, now permanent). I was pleased to receive the pressed powder version, rather than the liquid, as I don't tend to use much liquid highlight these days.

The formula is buttery and smooth, with a beautiful wet looking sheen. This one is a bit more subdued than other Becca highlights I've tried (Champagne Pop, for instance, is BLINDING. This one? Not so much). I was worried the shade was going to be too dark and yellow for me, but I think after trying it that I can still pull it off (at least during the summer). It definitely isn't my favourite shade of highlight, but it is still pretty. It applied quite sheer and was buildable, which I like. Overall, the shade is really the only meh for me. I would definitely buy this formula again, maybe in Opal or Moonstone.

October 01, 2017

Illuminating

Great highlighter. Makes the skin illuminating.. this would work for any skin type. It lasts all day long. You need very little on the brush to get a perfect highlight. If you never have tried BECCA products this is the perfect introduction to the brand!

August 20, 2017

Beautiful highlight

I'm fairly new to the world of highlighting. I haven't been actively looking for a more radiant look, and I don't go searching for luminous or dewy finish foundations (I tend towards the mattes, myself). After reading about people raving over highlighters, and Becca's in particular, I decided I had to give it a try. When Sephora was offering deluxe samples I picked this up. I've been quite pleased with it. As others have noted, the powder is very finely milled, and it goes on shimmery but not glittery. A little goes a long way. I give a light sweep with a big, fluffy powder brush and sweep it over the outer corners of my eyes, a light line down the middle of my face (hitting forehead, tip of nose, and chin), and a sweep at the top of my cheekbones. This gives me a slightly illuminated look. It's important not to use too much. As for the color, this is not the color I would choose for myself. This was the only color Sephora was offering as a sample. I have fair, pink-toned skin. Opal is a more golden-toned highlighter. If purchasing for myself I'd choose moonstone or pearl. I put that I would repurchase, with the understanding that it would be a different color. I'm not sure when that day will come, however, because this stuff lasts forever. I have not really even made a dent in the deluxe sample I've had for months. And even though it's not the first-choice color for my skin, it still has enough depth and shimmer that it looks good on me.

June 21, 2017

Gorgeous glow!

This was the first Becca highlighter that I ever tried and I must say, I am not disappointed. This is absolutely gorgeous on! I am an olive tone, and I can't express how nicely it goes with every make up look! I wear it when I am going somewhere fancy, or when I am just doing my make up for work! It is a must have!

June 19, 2017

Becca Highlighters are my Kryptonite

I have a small problem when it comes to Becca highlighters. I swatch them every time I go to Sephora. They are so smooth and creamy and shimmery af. I have one mini powder (Opal) and a mini liquid (Moonstone) as well as I caved and bought the Jaclyn Hill palette. I thought that was enough. It was not. The instant I saw the Prismatic Amethyst, I was smitten. I am a pale girl. Siberia-pale according to Nars. This is such a beautiful color. While I originally purchased this for the packaging and the name (Amethyst is my birthstone after all), the colour looks more like a shimmery pink on me and it is lovely with all kinds of blushes underneath. I have also gotten a little more brave with my highlight game and recently started layering Monster from Colourpop underneath as a double whammy. Monster is a good dupe in cream form for this colour, but I really like both together.

May 31, 2017

I am obsessed with the original SSP so I of course had to try this...I was hoping it could stand in as a travel/to-go version of my beloved liquid, and it totally does! I don't know how they got a powder to give the same finish as a liquid but somehow they did. I just love how it looks good when I put it on at home but looks equally good outside, not like I'm suddenly glittery. Super sophisticated, like all Becca products. Love!

May 22, 2017

I got this in prismatic amethyst and the packaging is on point, so pretty! There is a cream-to-powder consistency and buildable glow. I love the purple undertone to this highlighter.

May 02, 2017

I recently purchased the Becca shimmering Skin Perfector in Prismatic Amethyst and I am in LOVE with this highlighter! I was a bit hesitant about it at first because of the higher price point but heard lots of great reviews about the other Becca Skin Perfectors and I just couldn't get over how beautiful this highlighter looked and had to try it. And purple is my favorite color too. I was so impressed I am planning on buying a few backup so I don't run out as it is a Limited Edition!

April 19, 2017

I have this in the shade Opal and I love the light glow and shimmer it gives. This highlighter is super smooth and feels luxurious to use. I love the effect it gives on my cheeks and it isn't too glittery or intense for every day.