3.9/5
CoverGirl TRUblend Liquid Foundation Reviews
#17 in Foundation

TruBlend Liquid Makeup has colorspheres that go beyond just matching your skin tone to actually merge with your skin, for a naturally flawless look.

September 13, 2017

It's an okay foundation

I wanted to love it but I find the foundation even when shaken still pumps out looking like white lotion. It does not provide much coverage at all and the formula isn't the greatest. However it is one of the cheaper foundations and I have always loved covergirl so I will use there other products just not this.

2.8/5

August 16, 2017

Decent drugstore product, but not for me

I purchased this Covergirl Tru Blend Foundation in Ivory (l1). I find that this product oxidizes quite a bit. Before purchase I swatched this colour and one colour darker on my wrist. I thought I was going to purchase the darker colour but after shopping around I noticed it had darkened quite a bit and was too dark for my skin. The lighter shade seemed too light at first but darkened more to my skin tone so I went with it. This is a wetter foundation than I am used to and I find that I have to use quite a bit of product to get coverage. It's really slippery on my skin when it's wet so I must be careful when applying not to smudge it off in places. I find it applies better with a dry beauty blender. There also is no SPF in this product, which was fine for me as I wanted a cheap drugstore foundation to wear on my night shifts. Because of the coverage and quality, I probably wouldn't wear it on a normal day anyhow. It does seem to last through a twelve hour shift though. I use the Tru Blend Face Primer for oily skin as a base then a matte powder and a matte setting spray on top. This combo controls the oil really well and I only have to lightly blot half way through a shift depending on how my skin is that day. It does not transfer off after blotting too much which is great. I would never wear this foundation without any of the other products, especially the primer. It does not cover up acne, redness or scarring very well and I find it difficult to apply. For these reasons I would not purchase again for myself.

0.8/5

February 17, 2017

I heard a couple people say decent things about this, so I decided to give it a try. This has been the worst foundation I have ever used! It did not cover well nor did it stay in place as the day went on. I picked up the shade 430 - classic beige, which matched my skin tone quite well. I am not sure if it was the "blendable minerals" the product boasts about, but it actually changed colours on my skin after some time and I ended up with literally a grey face. I would never buy this again, even to test another formula – I am just entirely too put off by my first experiences using this. I did try it a few times because I thought I may have done something weird, but nope - it' was just the product. Please be wary of this one! Patch test it if you can and come back later if you decide to give it a try in case it oxidizes crazy.

January 15, 2017

I've tried a lot of foundations over the past 15 or so years. So far I haven't found anything that I like more than CoverGirl TRUblend. I have a pale skin tone and have trouble finding products that match and blend well. This one does the job, and it doesn't seem to clog my pores or make me break out. I especially like that it includes sun protection.

September 13, 2016

This foundation is my favourite out of every other one I have ever tried. It blends in perfectly with little work and it's so easy to find the perfect shade!

July 18, 2016

This foundation comes in a convenient pump bottle, it has great coverage and blends nicely into skin. I have lots of freckles on my face and it really helped even out my skin and give a polished look.

June 27, 2016

Fond de teint liquide assez efficace. Il cache bien les rougeurs sur le visage et les petits boutons d'acné. S'applique assez facilement avec les doigts et on n'a pas besoin d'en mettre trop pour que ce soit efficace.

June 17, 2016

This is a really good product. It does blends well , and its very light, easy to apply and leaves my skin breathable wo no clogged pores. It doesnt have any fragrance , price is right as well

2.8/5

June 17, 2016

This would probably be more effective if I had dry skin..

I found there was no longevity for this foundation and definitely not sweat proof. On a hot day, when I wore sunglasses, the foundation basically melted and stuck to my nose bridge and sunglass nose pad. It was terrible.
    It's slightly better with setting powder, but it does nothing for my oily skin.

There are some good qualities about this though. The foundation blended into my skin so beautifully. Works better with a beauty blender. Basically couldn't tell I was wearing makeup. Sheer foundation, which I like.

It would not be good if you live in a hot climate or if you sweat easily.

June 06, 2016

I used the cover girl tru blend in shade L3. It was matching to my complexion. I have never used covergirl foundations and were hoping this one will be delivering atleast 70%of what i fet from my usual high priced foundation. But on the start of application,i found it too thin.it was feeling as if it will flowdown.On blending it,it came out to be light to medium coverage. Didnt cover my redness or few light freckles.i was hoping it will also help with my redness undereye (as my usual one does ,even b4 applying concealer)but it didnot cover anything .staying power was good.