john frieda brillant brunette- visibly brighter shampoo

john frieda brillant brunette- visibly brighter shampoo Reviews

3.6/5
Ranked #306 out of 1146 in Shampoo

July 24, 2017

I wanted to be happier with this.

I received this as a sample from John Frieda. First of all, John Frieda gives great samples done very professionally and with ample product to be able to make a proper assessment. Unfortunately, I didn't get the result I was hoping from this.

I used the product for 6 washes and I was hoping for a visible result of a little lightening or brightening of my hair. I have medium-dark brunette hair with orange/red natural highlights and I was curious as to what was going to be accentuated. I tried the product well but I never saw any difference in my hair, not even subtly. The only difference I saw was that the few greys I have were more noticeable. :( Not what I was going for!

Also, I found it was kind of stripping on my hair, which I assumed would help the brightening process by removing hair product build-up, so a good conditioner after use is a very good idea.

John Frieda is a quality brand so I will continue to use their products. This one didn't work for me, or for the type of brunette I am.

May 16, 2017

I received this shampoo as a free sample from John Frieda. It smelled good, and really made my hair colour pop. As someone who doesn't dye her hair frequently, this shampoo made the colour look great a lot longer. I've since looked in to buying this shampoo and found the price to be a little higher than I normally like to pay, but the results are worth it!

3.2/5

May 10, 2017

Overall it is a good product, though I wouldn't use it again. Smells good, I noticed some enhancement in the color, but disappointingly it also made my hair very dry.

May 01, 2017

I received a small sample size of this shampoo and conditioner. It cleaned well, really nice lather, and my hair did seem somehow healthier looking. I will buy it when it is on sale.

The scent was very nice, not overpowering or too subtle, and it rinsed out very well. There was no amazing change to colour, just looked very healthy, without looking fake, or like I got a colour change.

A little pricy, but I'll check out sales..also a great $3 coupon out there..

April 29, 2017

This shampoo smells really good and actually brightens my hair a little. My hair tends to get greasy easily and this shampoo doesn't make it worse. Used with the conditioner, it works well.

April 13, 2017

I was skeptical but the product actually lightened my hair to a completely different shade of brown. It was so easy to use and for a good price too. Would highly recommend this!

February 13, 2017

I don't colour my hair, but wanted to see if I could get a few subtle highlights or a little lighter of a shade. This product along with the conditioner worked. It's nothing drastic, just shinier and a little more golden tones where I already had natural highlights. I would recommend this product and definitely buy it again.

November 18, 2016

I received samples of the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter Shampoo and Conditioner from My Voice in exchange for an honest review

The shampoo was tinted and had a subtle floral scent. The scent did not remain in my hair for long so this may be a good choice for people who are bothered by strong scents. It lathered nicely and rinsed out easily.

After drying my hair, I noticed that my hair had a slightly brighter tint to it. After just one use, I'm pretty impressed. I normally have an oily scalp and dry hair, I found that my scalp was not as oily as usual on the second day and my ends were nicely hydrated. My hair was soft and manageable. The shampoo and conditioner brought out the red in my hair, leaving it beautifully shiny. Overall, I enjoyed the experience and may buy the full size.

2.2/5

September 09, 2016

I was not impressed with this product at all. I usually wash my hair twice, one to get products out of my hair and second to clean my hair. This said it would lighten hair after one use. Well after 3 days, nothing. I used the conditioner and treatment that was in this line. Nothing!

April 07, 2016

this shampoo is suppose to brighten hair.theres no peroxide.i did not feel it there was even a subtle lightening.that being said,this is a fabulous shampoo.my hair not only smells great ,but gives it great shine and bounce.even though i feel it does not live up to what it says about brightening ,i still give it a thumbs up for being so nice.i think its more of a shine shampoo than lightening.i have been using for 8 weeks now.a must try