OUAI haircare wave spray Reviews
#293 in Hair Care

September 14, 2019

Smells amaze

I have been using this for about two years and combined with the curl jelly it makes your hair look and smell amazing. With other products I find my hair would get oily but with this it actually makes it feel fresh. The price point is high but soso worth it.

August 06, 2019
    Virginia, United States

Perfect waves

This product by Ouai helps to give you wavey hair. A little goes a long way and it works great on my fine straight color treated Hair. It has went above what my expectations where for this spray. My hair have soft, non crunchy waves, smelled amazing and left my hair shiny. I evenly spray my damp hair and ruffle it through my hair. I recommend this product and have tried many wave sprays and this one is a definite winner that stands out from the crowd.

2.3/5

July 10, 2019

Bad hair day

I have naturally wavy hair. Always excited to use products that say they will enhance my wavy curly hair. After using this product which did put it made my wavy hair greasy to the look and touch. I thought perhaps after first time application i may have used too much product but it didn’t seem to matter the quantity used because it was the lack of quality in the product itself.

May 24, 2019
    New Jersey, United States

Works well on dry hair

I got this wave spray in the 3 piece set from Sephora and feel it was a good deal. It also did a decent job bringing out the waves in my dry hair. It got 4 stars because my hair was very saturated to do this which made it crunchy at first. It did became softer but so did my waves. It also has a strong scent that isn’t bad but can get overwhelming when putting so much in my hair. Again, my hair started out dry though.

2.3/5

February 06, 2019

did not work for me

I sprayed this into my hair when it was fully dried and i saw no difference. Smelled normal but no results, no waves at all. I am disappointed as i do like this brand, but not the product for me

January 29, 2019

Great spray

I really like this wave spray. It gives sort of a messy beachy waves look and stays all day long and it smells so good. I would definitely purchase this again.

January 22, 2019

IN LOVE!

I have naturally wavyish hair but it gets too puffy if i brush it in the morning so what I do is after I wash my hair I let it dry for a bit and after is still i little damped I braid it and apply the wave spray and LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH EFFORTLESS CURLS. It just gives your hair that natural curled/waved look like when you curl your hair and then brush the curls to losen them up? exaclty that and it looks stuning!

2.8/5

September 03, 2018

Very drying for wavy/curly hair

I love the packaging of Ouai Haircare but this product is not great if you have wavy or curly hair. It is extremely drying and also gives the hair a crunchy texture. My hair was matted from how dry and sticky this product was on my hair and I didn't even spray more than one pump to each section of my long hair. Disappointed and will not recommend to others.

June 06, 2018

Not bad, but better out there

Not my favourite wave spray. I love the scent, and the fact that it doesn't have salt, but I find it's a bit too sticky for my liking. I purchased from Sephora as part of a set with the Hair Oil and Dry Shampoo. Will probably not repurchase in favour of the Lush Sea Spray.

October 01, 2017

Love the texture it gives my hair

I have wavy/frizzy hair past my shoulders) and this product gives me the right amount of volume and texture. I prefer not using heated tools unless I'm going to an event. 3-4 spritzes of this product and a little hair shake/scrunch and my hair looks like I took the time to perfect my waves.
    I prefer Wave Spray to traditional mousses and aerosol sprays because it leaves my hair lightweight and doesn't feel like I have a lot of product in my hair. To remove any texture at the end of the day I just brush my hair. It also washes out easily without leaving any residue. It is a bit pricey for how often I repurchase it.