PENATEN Medicated Cream Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 346 in Diaper Creams

This German-made product has successfully treated diaper rashes, sunburns, scalds, dermatitis and the relief of itching due to eczema for decades. Also used to relieve heat and perspiration rashes.

April 12, 2017

I used this cream when my kids were younger. This was the only cream that cleared up any rashes. Its a thick cream and works extremely well. It takes a little more effort to remove on your hands but worth it. Keeps a barrier too.

April 12, 2017

Didn't care for his diaper cream at all it smelled okay but I found it was very thick and hard to get off of her when I washed her ! Will not buy again

March 29, 2017

I only tried two creams on my son but this was the one that worked quick. A rash popped up and I tried a different cream and it wasn't working so I tried this one and it worked so fast I was surprised so I now put it on him before bed or if a rash pops up but he's been really good with not having a rash anymore I would highly recommend this but I know babies all react to different products but I did really like this one. I had a sample size and used it all and ended up getting the huge tin which was about $8 and I got a coupon from online so price was not bad for the size

February 24, 2017

When my children were small I used this cream on them, It works like a charm. Never had to worry about irritations.This product is the best thing I have ever used. It is also very hard to find. I would recommend it 100% to any new mother out there. Absolutely love it.

February 24, 2017

Dream cream! I used this for my two when they were little and was always pleased with the results and effectiveness. I do agree the tin is a pain to open and would be better in a twist top or bottle. The results it provides are worth the hassle I suppose :) Within days diaper rash was already starting to clear up.

February 24, 2017

If there is any other medicated cream out that that works as well as this I would be very surprised. My son had a couple bad diaper rashes in the beginning of his younger years and nothing would get rid of the redness or pain. I would put a thick layer of Penaten Cream on his rash and within a couple of hours the redness would be completely gone!! I do wish it wasn't such a thick paste..Its very hard to get off clothing and my hands after I wash them. But it does work very well with rashes and soothing the area.

You can also put this cream on your sunburns. I had a really really bad sunburn last year and put it on my face and it immediately soothed my forehead, within a day my sunburn was hardly noticeable....I don't even think there is anything else out there that would possibly get rid of a burn so fast.

I do wish that the cream came in a bottle, and it was a thinner constancy so its easier too apply. When your child's bum is so sore from a rash the last thing you need is a hard cream that is so difficult too apply. But it still works amazing so I will continue too buy it.

This cream costs 8.99$ a small tin at Walmart.

0.5/5

February 24, 2017

When I used this I found it really terrible. It is much too thick and hard to clean baby's area because it cakes on so hard when I tried to clean and I really had to rub. I shouldn't have bought a product that is that abrasive A cream is supposed to be a barrier yes, but should easily be wiped off between changes to keep baby clean. I hated this stuff.

February 24, 2017

This product has both pros and cons. I like the fact it is medicated and my daughters rash was gone within a couple days. But the tin it comes in seems like it doesn't close all the way. The paste is thick and doesn't spread easily.

January 06, 2017

I dislike this product very much. It's a pain to get out of the tin package and is hard to smooth on to the babies bum. It was not effective for us at all.

November 28, 2016

I stopped using this cream because I couldn't stand the little tin that it came it. It was hard to open with one hand (my other hand was on a squirmy baby), and I found it way to sticky. I went back to my go to after trying this (because I had heard good things).

jhartigan added a new review for
    CARGO Lip Gloss Quad