3.9/5
Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews
#1 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

March 13, 2018

Good cold sore product!

I got my first cold sore a couple of week ago, which was... scary I guess for lack of better word. I quickly went to the store to get Abreva, but I realized that there's actually a lot more cold sore "relief" products out there.. including these Polysporin cold sore healing packs. I found that these were okay, I used them when I was going out and wanted to hide my cold sore and prevent other people getting contaminated. I found that putting this product on was a little challenging, one side would look great but the other side would always wrinkle. I can't say if it worked or not cause I used other products but they are a great alternative to just using creams and feeling gross having the cold sore just hanging out. I would buy these again when I have another cold sore.

Not a fan

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch was a bit of adisappountment. It didn't stay put and was visible despite all efforts to camouflage it. For the price and the effort it did not heal my cold sore any quicker then any other product or hide it.

Love love love

This is my go to for all cold sore! When I got married I was very stressed out witch brought on a nasty cold sore! This patch hid my sore Perfect! I could use lipstick over the patch without spreading my sore and keeping everyone from seeing my cold sore! The patch helps healing faster!my favorite part about the patch is I can kiss my childrean goodnight without having to worry about spreading the sore to them!

March 12, 2018

Worth every penny it costs

I want to thank the person who invented this product. It is so simple and yet so effective. I have had cold sores since I was 17. Times of stress or should I be unlucky and get sick, I am guaranteed a cold sore. They ruin my life for 10 days as I walk around as a walking pus filled virus bag.

Then along came Polysporin Cold Sore patches! And my life was instantly better. I still hate cold sores but I don't dread them in the same way. I always have a full package in my medicine drawer and the moment I start to swell up, on goes a patch. For the 1st time I have found a product which actually reduces the length of the cold sore. I have seen smaller ones gone in 5 days. Half the time!!! Unheard of before. But even if they last the full 10 days I feel protected, I can hug someone without feeling I am spreading germs and best of all, I shower without being concerned those germs are running down my body and into delicate areas.

You can apply makeup over these if you want but I find the sore mostly disappears as soon as I smooth on a patch. I love this product!!!

Feels natural

I love this product, i used it when i had a cold sore and putting the patch on it you couldn't tell that i had it on. It worked beautifully. The cold sore went away very quickly. Love this!

2.0/5

not worth the money

I get cold sores regularly and have for years. I have tried many products over the years. When I bought this product I was excited to use it. What a let down. First of all the patches are very small. My cold sore was bigger than the patch. Secondly they don't stay on.If you want to drink or eat, the patches fall off.

Would buy again

Love the way that it blends the cold sore, you can still tell it is there but it does help it not to spread. I does not seem to shorten the time that the cold sore is present.

March 11, 2018

Speeds up the healing process

I find this product keeps the cold sore from cracking and bleeding. I usually put one on before bedtime and find a huge difference in the morning. It does take a couple of tries to learn how to put it on correctly but it does work.

0.5/5

March 10, 2018

Bad experience

I used this product on a minor cold sore but I ended up with a terrible reaction that caused a sore bigger then the original cold sore which took longer to heal

March 09, 2018

definately works

This product definitely works and heals cold sores fast. It is very easy to apply and it is very effective. I would buy this again and would recommend it.