Amazing
Good

Rimmel Wonder'lash Volume Colourist Mascara Reviews

Ranked #459 out of 886 in Mascara

March 29, 2017

This mascara promises to tint your lashes so your lashes are darker even when you're not wearing it. My eyelashes are very blonde so any tint would be noticeable; I've been using this product for 2.5 months and absolutely no change! I was very hopeful for this product since my lashes are so pale, but no luck :( sadly this mascara is significantly harder to remove than normal mascara and I find the skin around my eyes has a dark tint that wasn't there before. As a regular mascara it's decent, but no better than any others on the market.

November 29, 2016

I have Vitiligo on my left eye area, which is caused by my immune system attacking my melanocytes (cells that give skin and hair colour). As a result, I have white eye lashes on half of my left eye. I bought this product because of it's claims that it would tint my eyelashes. I usually dye my own eyelashes at home with Refecto-Cil, but I figured I'd give this a shot.

I used the product for a full 5 weeks - not even a bit of tinting effect. Another money grab that I fell for. As a mascara it's fine, but the brush isn't the greatest, tube is big and bulky/cheap. Don't waste your money.

It DOES NOT tint your lashes. Trust me. I started out with stark white lashes (that are dyed just fine with Refecto-Cil), and they are still stark white.

August 21, 2016

I bought this mascara on a whim when I was in Shoppers Drug Mart since it was on sale for $7.99. I've always wanted darker lashes, and this mascara claims to tint or dye your lashes darker within two weeks of consistent use. Upon first application, I found the packaging to be really cheap feeling. This isn't a problem- it's just unnecessary to have such a massive tube.

This mascara itself is very dark, and I find the brush to be very long - which isn't the easiest to work with. The product is super lengthening and not very volumizing or curling. It dries very fast and is pretty sticky, causing my lashes to clump up - especially with multiple coats. Usually if you get a spot of mascara on your eyelid, the best way to wipe it off is to wait until it has dried. If you wait even 10 seconds with this mascara before wiping it off, green dye will be left behind on your skin. The lash dye comes off rather quickly with soap and water, but on your eye area, that probably won't be so easy.

As I wore the mascara, I found it to be flaky and not good for building up length. My lashes didn't look super full and fluttery, and the dye caused some awkward smudging under my lower lash line at the end of a long day. In general, I could use a less-dark mascara than this super black one.

VERDICT: my lashes were not darker after 2 weeks. I use an oil makeup remover every night (L'Occitane Immortelle Remover Oil) and I only noticed that my under-eye area and lower lash line looked a bit darker than usual after washing it off. Not cute.

I do prefer this type of classic bristle brush to the rubber variety, but I don't prefer the straight cone shape of Volume Colourist. I find that a more hourglass shaped brush (or anything that shorter and more curved) fits my eye shape a lot better. I'd pass on Rimmel mascara and stick with Maybelline - their Flamed Out is my go-to!