Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot 2014

Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot 2014 Reviews

Ranked #45 out of 85 in Red Wine

Taste

March 29, 2017

I am a fan of Chilean wines, I think that they are really good and for the most part come at a really nice price as well. Santa Carolina is always stocked at my house. I've always enjoyed a dry red merlot or cabernet so this blend hits the spot. I used to drink Woodbridge religiously but since moving to Santa Carolina I find Woodbridge too sweet now and my wallet is much happier with my move. Its not a heavy wine which personally I like and it is extra dry. I find it goes well with beef and really anything spicy.

Taste

March 21, 2016

My boyfriend, who doesn't drink and knows nothing about wine, bought me a 1500 ml bottle of this for $15.49, so the price was right. I'm not really a fan of merlot, I'm more into cabernet or malbec, but since this was a blend with cabernet I thought I would give it a chance. The taste was okay, nothing spectacular, but not hideous. It was a medium body and I like mine a bit fuller, but it had pretty good tones and flavour, and paired well with the Canadian cheddar and crostini that I was eating. I enjoyed two glasses. I drink red wine all the time, but some brands give me a headache and unfortunately this was one that did just. I don't know whether I will drink this one again. Maybe, because the price is pretty good and the taste is okay. If I drink lots of water as well and perhaps take an antihistamine before I have it, I might avoid a headache.

HeatherLR earned the Shopping Expert badge

HeatherLR added a new review for
    Finding Dory (2016)

Angelwingsx2 added a new review for
    Joico renu age defy

HeatherLR has posted in the forum topic
    My Big Fat Fabulous Life

HeatherLR added a new review for
    A & W Rootbeer

Shystarr79 has posted in the forum topic
    Wish shopping app

Puzzelel added a new review for
    Tetley Orange Pekoe Tea