Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #229 out of 487 in Hair Removal

July 17, 2017

Decent, If Skin Isn't Sensitive

Personally, I prefer using soap or shower gel to shave, as I find it cheaper and I tend to get fewer cuts when shaving. I also find this product tends to leave a tingly sensation after using, almost as if I had a thin layer of wax on my legs.

With that said, this product is decent. You only need to use a small amount per leg as it creates a nice lather. It leaves my legs feeling soft and moisturized, much better than soap does. The pump works well and dispenses the gel easily.

Overall it is not bad

When I was a teenager I use to use this all the time. I have sensitive skin and I felt it never irritated my skin or left rashes. It was easy to get a good amount of the shaving gel, and it made shaving very quick and painless. The cost for this shaving gel is not too bad. I use to buy it at Walmart. I would recommend it for anyone who is looking for a good shaving gel.

Recently, in the last few years I have switched to using shower gel or conditioner when I shave. I feel this is cheaper and it does the job well. I feel condition and/or shower gel actually allows you to get a nicer shave.

Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel

I LOVE the Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel! I have extremely sensitive skin when it comes to shaving- I kept getting awful reactions to different shaving creams, getting cuts and getting bumps all over. I grabbed one of these at the grocery store and was amazed. I had no issues at all, my legs came out completely smooth with no cuts or nicks. This is super thick and effective, smells amazing and great.

3.2/5

July 12, 2017

Not worth the habit--just use conditioner!

I grew up using this shave gel because it was what my mother used, and I really didn't know better. But no matter what 'scent' or type I would buy, I always found razor irritation on my inner thighs, so years later I decided to research alternatives. Evidently, using hair conditioner is non-irritating, AND gives you a closer shave, according to one life hack--and I can confirm that's true! Now I just use any old moisturizing conditioner (cruelty-free) when I shave my legs, and not only has the razor irritation stopped completely, but I do get a much closer shave!

2.3/5

June 02, 2017

Skintimite moisturizing shaving gel isn't something that works for me . Soap works better for me . I find that I get cuts , nicks and rashes when I use this . So I haven't used it in a very long time. In the past I would massage a small amount into my legs and shave but it just hurt me so I can't use it . It smells great and latehes well but doesn't do it's intended job well . I wouldn't recommend this .

May 25, 2017

Smells nice. Makes my skin feel so soft & smooth afterwards. Helps the hairs to be more soft when shaving them which helps to get rid of it easier ! Great shaving gel!

0.8/5

January 28, 2017

I purchased a bonus pack of 3 Skintimate shave gel. I'm disappointed in the quality. It irritates my skin leaving me with burning itchy legs. I always need to use lotion to calm my skin after shaving with Skintimate or else I'd be itching for hours afterward. This has been the most irritating shaving product I've ever used.

November 20, 2016

You can't go wrong with the Skintimate brand of shaving gel. It forms a creamy lather thick enough to help the razor glide easily. This means fewer nicks and cuts. I pump out about a cotton ball sized amount which is good for one leg. I really like how smooth and soft my skin feels afterwards and I don't get any skin irritations either. The lather also rinses away easily. I usually get the dry skin or sensitive skin varieties as they are really moisturizing and gentle to use. The packaging looks really feminine and the pump disperses the gel very easily. I have purchased this product over and over again for so many years and will continue to do so.

January 06, 2016

Great shaving gel. Not to expensive an makes your legs nice and soft.

January 06, 2016

These smell great but for less than half the price Condit or does he same job.