St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Exfoliating Facial Scrub Reviews

Apricot Scrub deep cleans, instantly leaving skin smooth and glowing.

Product  Benefits
- Dermatologist Tested
- Hypoallergenic

Key Ingredients
Apricot, Corn Kernel Meal, Walnut
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2018 ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2017

January 03, 2019

Worst product ever!

This product is beyond horrible for your skin it causes microscopic tears in the top layer and is way to abrasive for facial skin. I would use it on my feet !

November 14, 2018

This is NOT GOOD for your skin!!

I used to use this product as a young teen and I am SO glad as an adult I’ve received the education to help me make better choices for my skin. Unfortunately the use of St. Ives as a facial exfoliant leads to long-term skin damage that greatly outweighs ANY potential benefits the product may provide. St. Ives' primary exfoliating ingredient is crushed walnut shell, which has jagged edges that cause micro-tears in the skin when used. No dermatologist would recommend this. Please take extra care when choosing an exfoliate, even ones that are marketed as “Gentle” can cause damage to your skin.

November 09, 2018

I wouldn't recommend this for people with thinner skin

I used this product for almost a year before I realized that it was doing more damage to my skin, rather than helping it.

It is a very harsh exfoliant, so I would only use it once to twice a week due to my sensitive skin. I ended up developing Spider Veins in the areas I most commonly used it (under both of my nostrils, on the sides of my nostrils, and around my chin.) It turns out this scrub can cause micro-tears in your skin, along with broken capillaries (Spider Veins.)

I wish I knew this sooner, because now I'm stuck with these ugly spider veins and redness for the rest of my life. This may not happen to everyone, but I just wanted to give a heads up to people. :(

1.0/5

September 25, 2018

Nope

This is actually so bad for your skin! Its crushed apricot seeds so that means is has jagged edges which are leaving tiny cuts on you skin and then bacteria gets it and causes breakouts! Dont not use if you're acne prone

July 27, 2018

bad

The beads in this exfoliator don’t melt. they hur your skin and are very hard. i would not recommend this to any one else. yes it is cheap but it’s not work ripping your skin through.

July 23, 2018

scrapes skin

Generally I do like St. Ives but this product I feel is scraping and scratching my skin. It is no gentle on the skin. I worry it is causing too many micro scrapes in my skin and I stopped using it.

0.8/5

July 18, 2018

It is not good for your skin!

This is just plain horrible to use on your skin. The walnut shell bits causes little micro tears in your skin (Not to mention possible allergic reactions for those with nut allergies!) and makes your skin worse.
    There are better exfoliating scrubs out there.

May 09, 2018

Causes micro tears in skin

This product is cheap for a reason. The jagged edges of the alricoit kernels used to exfoliate are very aggressive on the skin and cause micro tears (aging the skin faster, causing damage, and leading to possibly blocked pores as these tears heal). I would not recommend this scrub to anyone who is serious about taking care of their skin.

0.7/5

April 27, 2018

PLEASE DONT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE

Don’t get me wrong, I use a physical exfoliant every once in a while but this is the harshest one I’ve ever encountered. I wouldn’t even use this to scrub my feet much less my face.

The skin on your face is so thin and you can cause tears and irritation by using this. Chemical exfoliants are not only safer for your skin but tend to work much better too!! (Things like lactic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc).

0.7/5

April 20, 2018

Jwe n'ai pas aimé ce produit.

J'ai essayé cette crème sur mon visage et jai eu pleins de petit boutons. Je ne suis allergique à rien. Je rachèterai plus jamais ce produit pour mon visage.