3.9/5
Venus Swirl Razor Reviews

January 11, 2018

Feels Divine - Poor Bladelife Though

I hesitated to try Venus Swirl before just due to the expense. However, a combination of sensitive legs due to neuropathy and dry skin, made me decide to give it a try when I saw it on sale.

First, it feels so much more comfortable on my skin compared to razor alone or razor and shaving cream. I find that it was quite effective, 2 strokes per area sufficed, and my legs were left soft and smooth. The scent was just an added bonus. I really like the little storage thing going it comes with so you can hang it up and keep away from water flow to prevent loss of the lotion bar when not in use.

The main con is really that the blade goes dull a lot quicker than others. I did not get the amount of uses out of it that the package claims. I shave my legs about three times a week and if I remember right the chart on package said I could expect blade to last 4-6 weeks. Not even close. At the fourth shave (not use) it gets a little uncomfortable as the blade drags a bit and catches on skin. On sixth shave its actually tearing my skin and isn't comfortable anymore. I can in best of circumstances, go to four uses, possibly to five, but definitely not to six. That means for me a blade lasts around week and a half. It gets pretty expensive at that blade use rate.

It's a little bit depressing, I won't lie. It works so great but only for a short time and for quite a bit less than they say it does. A few things though. They are way cheaper per blade at Costco. They sell a pack of 9 pack there that is gentler on the budget. It goes on sale once in awhile so it's an opportunity to stock up for more value if it's in your budfet to spend more now to save later. If you have an loyalty points programs you are part of you can save money by redeeming points.

I love how they work, just wish they were more durable and blades stayed sharp longer. My recommendation for these, if you don't mind razors and shaving cream you might get more bang for your buck, or in this case, more blade for your buck, by sticking to that. However, if your legs are sensitive or you want to shorten shower time by shaving legs quicker, and it's in your budget, I recommend Venus Swirl. I think I will be sticking with them now that I know I can get a good price at Costco.

December 27, 2017

Smoothest shave ever!!

I love this razor. I bought it in a gift set before Christmas. It gave me the smoothest shave ever. Boyfriend even commented. I used it in companion with the Venus swirl shave cream.

November 09, 2017

This is by far my favorite razor

I love this razor. It goes over my knees so smoothly. Never gives me cuts. It is good to give to your teenager for their first razor since it really doesn't give you cuts. Goes real smooth

2.7/5

Just a razor

I've only bought this on sale. And would only buy this on sale. The razor itself lasts for about a month. Which is pretty good. I don't find it much of a smoother shave than other razors. Love the purple handle. But that about all I love.

Not bad !

These razors are pretty good, but in my opinion, they are overpriced! If you can find them on sale and combine with a coupon, you can usually get a good deal and justify what you pay for it.

I find they're pretty good. The handle is nice, and the blade runs so smoothly. My legs feel silky smooth, and it lasts for quite some time.

The razor blade itself lasts about a month which isn't bad, but again for the price, can be expensive.

Wouldn't buy without a sale !

October 21, 2017

I don't think I will buy another type Razor ever again!

I just bought my first swirl razor the other day and I am so glad that I did, my skin is do smooth and I don't have and ingrown hairs from it. Although it is a little in the expensive side but it seems like they all are. I really like that it if reusable instead of sending so much garbage to the landfill! I can't wait to see how long the blades actually last I will defiantly be making this my new go to razor :)

October 02, 2017

Very nice razor

This is an expensive razor and I usually wouldn't buy it...but it was on sale for $6 (about 1/2 of full price) and I had a $5 off coupon. So why not for $1?
    If I could justify spending that on a razor I wouldn't use anything else! Hugs the curves,NO shaving cuts and No razor burn!!! Legs are soft and silky!! Love!!

August 25, 2017

good razor

This new venus swirl razor is good. It is not a wonder but it's good. In my opinion, nothing beat a men razor like gillet fusion. There is 5 blades on it, very sharp on the first use, but then it became less sharper very quick. But, it do make a really close from skin hair removal. Use this with a shower shaving gel and you got perfect legs very hydrated. The only con about razor is your hair is growing very fast and you have to do it all over again on the next day.

August 11, 2017

Same old, same old.

The razor works well and the handle is a pretty purple but it is pretty basic. I didn't find the blade stayed sharp long. The price is crazy and I don't buy reusables for that reason. They do have a nicer, longer lasting handle though, so I splurged. I don't find it gets as close to my skin as I would like. I feel stubble after a shave with the new blade and I have pretty fine hair.

August 11, 2017

Awesome but expensive

This razor worked super well and was supee easy to use. The size made it easy to use as well. The only negative I have is that the refill cartridges for this are very expensive!