Vicks VapoRub Topical Ointment Reviews
#2 in Remedies

Vicks VapoRub ointment is the #1-selling branded children’s cough/cold product. The ointment is applied gently to the skin with your loving touch, and is safe to use on children ages two and up, when used as directed. It contains medicated vapors that start to work on contact to quickly relieve your child’s cough. In addition, it is not likely to cause drowsiness or jittery side effects. For more information, check out their site.

October 15, 2019

timeless classic

When I was sick as a child, my mom would always use Vicks VapoRub on me. I still use it to this day and will use it on my own children when they're sick. I find the smell to be really soothing - probably because I associate the scent with being able to breathe again after being congested with a cold. I highly recommend using it when you're congested from a cold.

October 13, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

I love this stuff!

Vicks Vaporub Topical Ointment is a staple in my house. We use it to rub on our chests and backs when we catch the flu to help with congestion and stuffy nose. The menthol really helps clear the sinuses.

This can be used on children, so is great for the whole family. The menthol scent is pleasant to me and not overpowering. It can be a bit sticky at first, but does absorb after a while if you don't overdo it.

This also acts really well as a way to get rid of flies. This is a trick my firefighter husband uses and swears by. I also use it on myself and the kids rather than using regular fly spray which contains more harmful chemicals. It works pretty well on the flies.

October 09, 2019
    Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom

Tried and Trusted

Tried and trusted good old vaporub, does what it says, helps with blocked noses and chesty coughs and you can even use it for lines or wrinkles on the face be careful around the eye area.

August 07, 2019
    Virginia, United States

Smells wonderful

Smells wonderful and really works on my colds and allergies and I just love to smell it..wished i could buy some in bulk..that would be awesome..maybe Amazon

July 11, 2019

i can breath

I love Vicks rub, I love the scent of it .If I could id wear it as a body spray, If you are sick with a cold use this often.
    I only prefer the Vicks brand though nothing compares to Vicks. I very much highly recommend Vicks when sick.

May 30, 2019

This is a great remedy for colds and softening skin

I use vapour rub when I feel unwell. The vapours really unclog your nose. I also love me to use it on my feet. When I notice my heels starting to dry; before bed I slather and even coat on my feet. Then I put socks on and go to bed. My feet are softer- especially my heels. I've even done this when I have had a bad cold the night before I slather it on my feet then socks. I wake up feeling better believe it it not.

May 16, 2019

Great product.

I used it all my life. it is a standard in my medicine cabinet. the first thing I reach for when the sniffles coughs or other symptoms show up. I recommend this product.

May 02, 2019

Easier to breathe

Thank goodness for this little blue tub. Honestly not only does it help with chest congestion but it helps with nasal congestion and nausea. I like to keep the tub open on my bedside table when I’m sick. The only downside is the stickyness. Make sure you’re not wearing your best shirt. Other than that great!

April 06, 2019

I can breath

Been using Vicks for years. I remember being a wee one having a runny nose and mom going to get the vicks. She'd put it on our chest, and then add some to boiling hot water for us to drape our faces over. Worked great then, still does now.

February 18, 2019

Good Product

Works great and helps relieve your breathing when you have a cold and have a fever.. a good rub on the chest and forehead bundle up and have a good night, the next morning you fell the difference...