Vicks VapoRub Topical Ointment Reviews
#2 in Remedies

Vicks VapoRub ointment is the #1-selling branded children’s cough/cold product. The ointment is applied gently to the skin with your loving touch, and is safe to use on children ages two and up, when used as directed. It contains medicated vapors that start to work on contact to quickly relieve your child’s cough. In addition, it is not likely to cause drowsiness or jittery side effects. For more information, check out their site.

April 30, 2021
    United Kingdom

can't be beat

Vick's vaporub has been a staple in my cold regimen since I could walk. Pair it with the vapoinhaler and you're good as gold. I probably won't look into other options because why fix something that isn't broken?

April 15, 2021

My favorite for all pain

i have been using Vicks since i was a kid. it has helped me to release my cold, sore throat, breathing properly. i used to have congested nose and Vicks was goto product always.

March 08, 2021
    San Juan, Puerto Rico

Remedy

Vic's is my all time old fashioned way for help treating a cold. I rub this on my chest before bed bed and I wake up feeling like a whole new person. This product is good for vaporization, especially in the winter months.

December 18, 2020

Helps immensely with congestion.

Whenever anyone in our household feels congested we always reach for Vick's vapoRub. It helps immensely. We have regular Vick's for the adults and baby VapoRub for my youngest. I find it works best when you not only rub it on the chest but also if you apply a little bit near the nostrils. You breathe it in and your stuffy nose seems to be good for awhile. I find it does need to be reapplied frequently to continue being effective. It does smell bad but we'll worth it. I have even used it on my husband when he was having muscle pain in his back and we were out of tiger balm and it worked.

December 18, 2020

it works, but I don't like the consistency

The consistency of this Vicks is basically Vaseline, it breaks me out wherever I put it which sucks but it does help when my nose is stuffed. I prefer the Vicks vapohaler.

Remedies

Vicksvapor rub a household stable in my family for generations. Good for colds, stuffy noses, and in a pinch I've used it for sore muscles. Little on a tissue and you can have a quick sniffing clear the sinuses.

November 25, 2020

Must Have for Cold and Flu Season

This is one of my favourite products to use when I have a cold or flu. The personally LOVE the smell of this. It instantly helps clear up my sinuses and allows me to breath better. It also helps to stop me from coughing as much. The one downside would be that it stays sticky on the chest for a while.

November 20, 2020

Childhood memories

This product always reminds me of my childhood for some reason. It always worked whenever my mom applied it to my neck, chest, back, and feet. Oh and under my nose and I always took a bit and put just a little in my nostrils. Loved it! Still use it, my kids laugh at me all the time when I pull it out.

November 20, 2020
    United States

Great product!

When cough and cold season hits, I always reach for the Vicks! Although I dont care for the smell, I have no doubt that it works. Even when your so congested that you cant breath, you can still smell it immediately which is absolute proof of its strength. There is just something about it thats calming, and it works immediately, unlike other medication that take time for your body to process. I doubt that there many people out there who doesnt have a container of this stuff in their medicine cabinet, and its just one of those go to things that we have all come to rely on!

November 16, 2020
    New York, United States

LOVE IT. Un-replaceable!

I have always loved this product due to its strength and to the cooling effect when placed in the chest and throat. I tried the vaporub with scents and although it smells differently, i will rather stick to the original smell.