Alesse Birth Control Reviews

2.8/5

July 25, 2017

was not meant for me

It been several years since I stop using birth control pills. Alesse was my last try. I had 3 differents birth control pills before Alesse and each of them gave me headache, nausea and lots of problem. When I tried Alesse, I didn't have any headaches nor probleme other then gain a little weight. Tho, I won't buy this again since I don't need it anymore.

April 06, 2017

J'utilise la pillule contraceptive Alesse depuis longtemps, et je l'aime bien. J'utilise la plaquette de 21 et Je n'ai jamais eu de maux de tête, et elle est efficace.

March 01, 2017

Alesse is the birth control brand I have been using for more than a year and the only one I trust! It does what it claims, which is prevent unplanned pregnancy, but along with that it also makes my period more bearable to deal with. Before I started taking Alesse I use to have the worst cramping that I would have to stay home from work or class for. They are nowhere near to how bad they use to be for sure!

Since it is the two hormone pill, if I'm not mistaken, it is about 99% effective. Also, because of the two hormones, progestin and estrogen, you don't have to take it at exactly the same time (only approximate times) every day like you do for the mini pill, making it more convenient for my busy lifestyle. I have not suffered any odd side effects from it either making it before for me.

If you too are looking for a contraceptive I definitely recommend asking your doctor about this one. I am highly satisfied with the results and am happy I am on them.

January 19, 2017

I think I am still taking allese, but they changed the name to allesyna. Either way, it works pretty well. The only thing thats annoying is that if you use it to skip your period, which my doctor said was safe, your period could come back super late and freak you out (just happened to me), other than that, no side effects for me.

January 19, 2017

I took Alesse for years and never had any issues with it. I found huge positives in the fact it was inexpensive, did its job in preventing pregnancy, reduced my cycle length and helped with flow and cramps.

November 11, 2016

Great birth control! It's the cheapest one available to me and I've been taking it for 6 years. It has prevented pregnancy and also helps with my acne.

March 24, 2016

I used this for many years before getting pregnant with my first child(planned). This medication was great. Regulated my cycle, decreased flow by about half, decreased cramps significantly. I did find that sometimes it made me feel a bit moody. It did its job 100% for many years. Easy to swallow, teeny tiny pill. Inexpensive. Did contribute to migraines sometimes though.

March 19, 2016

This is the only birth control I have ever used so I cant compare it to anything else but I loved it. I was on it for about 2 years and have had no side effects from it at all. I had no issues when i went off of it and when I went back on it again. Great birth control to start if you havent yet !

February 17, 2016

A few months ago, I made the switch to Alesse and I am so happy that I did! Here's a breakdown of my trial period (3 months) and the symptoms that occurred:

First Month: Frequent mood swings, low sex drive, and acne. Breast tenderness. These symptoms are normal when you are switching to a new BC, and particularly for the beginning of Alesse. Disliked it.

Second Month: Slight weight gain (5 lbs), little to no acne, normal sex drive, no tenderness. Happy! Enjoying this pill

Third Month: Little to no acne, normal sex drive, no mood swings & emotions are in check. Less oily.

Obviously, I hated this birth control when I first started it due to some strong symptoms. However, they only lasted for the first month, and now any bad symptoms aren't present anymore. My fave part of this birth control, hands down, is NO SPOTTING!! ABSOLUTELY NO SPOTTING!! Yay! That was a very prominent symptom with my previous birth control, and now I'm so glad that is resolved and the only time I bleed is when I menstruate (sugar pills). The packaging is a bit big and more obvious than my previous one, but luckily I'm not shy about taking pills in public. I highly recommend this birth control, but make sure to stick it out for the three months. DOn't buy the generic brand, Alesse has a card that you can use in addition to insurance, or in lieu of: https://www.alesse.ca/en/choose-alesse

Expensive...around 28.00/unit without insurance. But thankfully I have insurance so it's worth it to me.