• Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser

Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser Reviews

4.1/5
Ranked #489 out of 1134 in Facial Cleansers

January 14, 2016

this cleanser smells so good...
    I love melting cleansers like this because they leave Moisture on your skin.
    I personally don't like that "squeaky clean" feeling as i know that my skin has been stripped of its oils.
    You only need a bit and all makeup is dissolved

November 06, 2015

I've been meaning to get the full size of this since receiving it as part of a Sephora Favourites pack, but I don't really feel like spending the $50.00 CAD. The trial size (1 oz) lasted me about 3 months with varied use (1-5x per week depending on the week) so it's not a terrible deal since the full size is 5 oz. Still, $50 feels a little steep for a cleanser to me especially since I always double-cleanse starting with a balm/oil like this and follow up with a lighter cleanser. I will say that this removes all of my makeup, waterproof mascara included and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. I apply this onto my dry face, massage it in and then remove it with a hot washcloth. I think the directions say that the gel turns to a milk once you add water and that you can rinse it off, but I never remove gels or oils that way. This doesn't break me out and I feel like it makes my skin look and feel more youthful and smooth. The scent it pretty strong, and initially it kind of bothered me - its sweet and vanilla and almost plasticky smelling. But I don't mind it anymore.

I will probably buy this again one day when I feel like spending the money.