Chanel No. 5 Reviews
#42 in Perfume

Launched by the design house of Chanel in 1921, CHANEL #5 is a women's fragrance that possesses a blend of a classic scent of sparkling florals. It is recommended for evening wear.When applying any fragrance please consider that there are several factors which can affect the natural smell of your skin and, in turn, the way a scent smells on you.  For instance, your mood, stress level, age, body chemistry, diet, and current medications may all alter the scents you wear.  Similarly, factor such as dry or oily skin can even affect the amount of time a fragrance will last after being applied

March 20, 2022

Very Pricey but so Decadent

Chanel No.5 is misunderstood. Classically miscategorized as an "old lady perfume", the fragrance has immense depth and evolves as it develops on the skin. I find it to be a beautiful symphony over time and have myself been converted to a fan of its depth. I am now considering buying a full bottle of the pure perfume.

January 20, 2022

mediocre

Honestly not sure why this is either loved or hated. I feel like there is no in between, however, for me, I am in between. It's nothing special. I don't understand why people call it 'old lady' scent, but I also don't understand why it is timeless.
    It is a soft powdery scent and I get a little bit of the sandalwood, but nothing special in my opinion.

January 16, 2022
    Vaucluse, France

L incontournable

L iconique l incontournable numéro 5...
    A essayer au moins une fois ds sa vie...
    Odeur agréable facile à porter...je le recommande toujours en avoir un flacon....

2.2/5

October 26, 2021
    District of Columbia, United States

Not my favorite Chanel perfume.

Unpopular opinion, I know. Personally I think this perfume just doesn't suit me. I think however this is a good scent for some people, but to me it just smells like old lady. It's not for everyone. I don't think this scent lasts very long either.

September 26, 2021
    United States

Classic scent

A gorgeous nostalgic scent, with powdery notes that remind me of getting out of a lovely bath. Great longevity whilst not being overpowering. It's a "grown up" scent and makes a great gift.

May 06, 2021
    Dudley, United Kingdom

A Timeless Classic

There’s something distinctive about Chanel No5 that will keep the woody/floral/aldehydic scent an eternal icon. Chanel’s most recognised fragrance was born on May 5, 1921, meaning the golden perfume has been loved by many worldwide for a whole century!

From Marilyn Monroe’s famous admission she wears Chanel No5 to bed, to make-up artist Bobbi Brown, Catherine Deneuve and Celine Dion, to name but a few celebrity fans of a perfume with such a long history, No5 continues to command stellar influence.

Chanel No5 will forever appeal to masses of fragrance wearers of all ages because of it’s ability to remain a timeless classic. Ask any celebrity who loves it, any beauty influencer, any perfume expert, they’ll call it a mainstay as it’s one of the few glamour statements that’s immune to “trends” that fuel a speeding vehicle of fast fashion. Chanel epitomises a Parisian approach, especially to your wardrobe and beauty choices; Chanel is all about the art of loving investment pieces for a long time.

Fragrance enthusiasts and beauty lovers will always have a go-to signature scent, even if they aren’t using their signature all the time, it’ll always be something they’ll “go back to.” In many polls and beauty related Q and A’s, many credited Chanel No5 for being an ageless classic, a scent that has evoked memories of their mothers or grandmothers wearing it.

March 08, 2021
    England, United Kingdom

Classy and Chic

This has been on my wish list for years until my boyfriend surprised me at Christmas. I am absolutely in love with this perfume, every time I wear it just makes me feel so classy. The scent beautiful and it lasts so long that sometimes I can still smell it the following day. The bottle and packaging are just so fine and simple yet luxurious.

February 09, 2021
    Tameside, United Kingdom

The best perfume

It is my favourite perfume of all times. It is long lasting and it smells so sophisticated that I can’t get enough off it. My daughter is just 15 and she loves it to. She says that is modern and vintage at the same time and her favourite smell. I always get compliments about it. Will definitely recommend it to anyone x

October 20, 2020

Very beautiful

My mom wore this for years so it reminds me of her. It's a very beautiful Smell! Worth the money and lasts all day long! Definitely would recommend. Very nice for special occasions.

February 27, 2020

I Feel Amazing When I Wear It

This scent is a real uplifter for me. It just has that ‘special’ fragrance about it. For me many fragrances have an alcohol smell at the end of them when applying. For me, that’s a no go. Perhaps this accounts for the higher price tag, which I’m willing to treat myself to from time to time, but usually it’s one of my top picks for my Birthday or Christmas gifts list.