Clinique “take the day off” cleansing balm Reviews

REVIEWS
    4.7
    13,678 reviews
    Try 'Do you like it?'
    Does it improve skin texture?How well does it remove makeup?Is it gentle?Does it leave skin feeling refreshed?Does it absorb well without leaving residue
    Too uncomfortable to use... am I doing it wrong?
    9 months ago
    I have a roommate who loves this stuff and uses it every day for her mascara and winged liner, so I thought I'd buy a trial size and give it a go. I assumed ...
    Melissa · Reviewed on ulta.com
    Surprisingly Impressed
    5 months ago
    Previous "makeup remover" cleansers I've used have either stung, not removed everything, been ineffective at removing eye makeup, too greasy, etc. I had ...
    miss_baconator · Reviewed on ulta.com
    The queen of balm cleansers.
    7 months ago
    I’m a huge long time fan of Clinique, especially their skin care products and this Take the Day Off balm cleanser is my absolute holy grail of any cleanser I’ve tried to this day. Big claim but it absolutely lives up to everything you read about it online and in magazines. Every claim it makes, to remove all makeup at the end of the day and leave you soft, and hydrated and glowing, is true. It works. It removes your whole day and leaves you fresh, renewed, like a new, blank canvas, ready for whatever life throws at you. I bought the mini size first, just in case I wasn’t happy with it and didn’t have to commit to the full sized version. Well my fears were put right to the side, I loved it from the very first time I used it. The texture was beautifully soft, creamy and buttery and it melted into an oil as I massaged it over my face and neck area. Makeup was melted away, gone like it had never been there at all. A tiny bit was all I needed for my whole face and neck and décolletage and a full face of makeup. I then removed it all, makeup, dirt and oil with a damp face halo and I was left with smooth, hydrated, and glowing, fresh skin. I didn’t even need a second cleanse as everything had been removed with that little amount of buttery balm cleanser. I soon used all of that small pot and immediately bought the full size version which lasted me a good six months or more, it’s still not finished and when it is, you can bet I’ll be buying yet another pot of this amazing balm cleanser that beats every other balm cleanser and any type of cleanser out there.

February 10, 2020
    Lewisham, United Kingdom

Wow wow wow

I wear heavy make up every day and have never had a problem with getting anything off with this, gentle enough to be used on eyes! The perfect one stop shop

February 04, 2020

My Holy Grail Product

I recently purchased this as I really enjoy the "double cleansing method". I use this at the end of the day when I'm ready to go to bed. I scoop out a small amount and work it between my hands to turn it to an oil then work it into my face and the makeup melts off. I love this product and swear by it.

February 04, 2020
    Manchester, United Kingdom

Gets every type of makeup off!

Great product you need a very small amount to remove a whole face of makeup! Only issue is it can leave skin oily but just double cleanse. So much quicker than using cotton pads and not a bad price (:

February 01, 2020
    South Ayrshire, United Kingdom

Brill

This stuff is amazing for dry sensitive skin. It takes all the makeup off and leaves the skin smooth and clean.
    As a swimmer who trains 8 times a week I find my skin is battered by the chlorine, not to mention I have genetical eczema so this product was brill for me to take my makeup off without damaging my skin even more.

February 01, 2020
    Essex, United Kingdom

The best make up remover ever

This cleansing balm is the best make up remover I’ve used! The oily texture is moisturising on the skin without clogging any pores! The smell isn’t great but it’s worth it

January 31, 2020

Really takes the day off

This us a great product. It really does remove all the eye makeup, grim and dirt after a full day. I find it a little pricier and compared to other similar products . But one good thing for a frequent traveler like myself is that I dont need to pour it out on a cotton swab. I can use it like a cream and then wipe off.

January 30, 2020
    Hounslow, United Kingdom

Incredible

This cleansing balm is my all time favourite, go to makeup remover. It takes anything off your face so effortlessly and leaves your face with no makeup residue.

December 03, 2019
    Bedford, United Kingdom

Seriously take it off

This is the best cleansing balm I’ve tried this year, it’s so light and effective, removes makeup and dirt easily. Great for all skin types and the results are amazing. Skin feels lighter and soothed

November 07, 2019

Works well, but at a cost

It works great, and feels great on my skin. The issue is that it gets used up pretty quickly and for the cost, I can't justify it all the time. Great product, but no real bang for your buck here.