2.8/5
#402 in Baked Goods

Good - 0

September 27, 2020

Changed product

I have bought these pies for MANY years but, recently the recipe/product has changed. The new crust is generic and pasty/gummy and the filling has hard chunky apple and in NO WAY resembles or tastes like it used to. Welcome to sub standard products that I will NEVER BUY AGAIN. Way to go Superstore and all of your affiliates. I am slowly being pulled back to Safeway.

September 01, 2020

Go Back to the Old Way

I have purchased these pies for the past 20 years at least. They used to have a delicious homemade taste. Now they have that thick horrible commercial crust and a few hard chunks of canned apple mixed with goo. It was terrible. We threw it out. We will not be purchasing this product again unless and until they go back to making it the old way. It’s a shame that the company chose to produce an inferior product to make more money.

August 25, 2019

Change is terrible

I recently bought an apple pie with cinnamon at Loblaws and I can't believe the disaster I brought home. This pie in no way resembles the farmers market product I have enjoyed over the years. I called Loblaws to provide feedback but found no one would get back to me about what they would do about it. This is one product I will not be buying again. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

February 12, 2019

This is no longer the same product- it sucks!

it changed, it now consists of canned apples. It used to be only made with fresh apples. We do not like it anymore ,its runny it sticks to the pan and it tastes awful. Now after years of buying it , we will no longer buy it, Way to go you can now be proud to make a pie like the rest of the grotesque apple pies out there.

December 05, 2017

Store bought pie with a home made taste.

For a store bought pie this is absolutely delicious. The crust itself is nice and crumbly, the filling is perfectly sweet and you get the right amount of apple's in every bite. The cinnamon taste is not too overpowering like in some other pies. In my opinion this is one of the best store bought pies on the market. If someone would give me a piece of this pie and tell me it was homemade i wouldn't doubt them at all. Whether served alone, with a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream it makes the perfect dessert.

July 19, 2017

You Could Fool Me That This Is Homemade

This pie is absolutely delicious!! The crust is flaky and the perfect thickness. I think the crust may be my favorite part of the whole pie because it is buttery and rich. There is a great amount of pie filling which I love!! The apples taste fresh and there are big pieces. The cinnamon flavor really comes through in each bite. The sauce in the filling is a great consistency because it is not too thick nor too thin. It really makes the apples stand out. If you serve this to guests, they will believe you baked it from scratch.

This can be purchased during holidays at Walmart at the price of 2 for $10. On a regular basis I think it might be closer to $8.

To cook this bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for about an hour. I love eating this warm with a scoops of vanilla ice cream!

July 19, 2017

Delicious

If I have to bring a pie to a family function and I don't feel like Baking , I will buy farmers Market apple pie . It's very good . The crust is nice and flakey and Tastes like homemade . The apples are the perfect texture and have the right amount of cinnamon flavour . The sauce isn't too thin or too thick . It's so good ! Bake it in the oven at 350 for approximately an hour . It's even better served with vanilla ice cream . Fortinos has it for approximately $8 dollars .

November 05, 2016

This is the only non homemade apple pie that I will buy. It has a lot of fruit, and the crust is very close to homemade. Not a lot of filler, loaded with apples. My only comment would be that is a little on the sweet side..I would probably prefer a little less sugar, but other than that I am proud to serve this even to guests.

September 29, 2016

I often find these on sale at my local grocer for about 5 dollars. You throw it in the oven for about an hour on 350 and it tastes just like grandma used to make. The crust is so good and has the greatest feeling in your teeth as you take a bite and they are filled with nice chunks of soft,sweet and cinnamon flavoured apples. The sauce is so good too. It is the best pie I have ever tasted and they never fail at making the greatest and biggest pies around. I mean yeah you can't beat homemade but this is the next best thing if. It equal too. I have to buy 2 because my family cannot get enough and they are also great to bring to dinners or parties. Lol you can even pretend you made it. Trust me it will fly. I hope they never stop making these pies because they are so good.