Haakaa breast pump Reviews

Good - 0

July 09, 2020
    New York, United States

God sent

I was skeptical about this product when I first started seeing it in my mom groups but after I tried it I was in love!!!! I didn’t realize how much milk I was wasting until I got the Haakaa. It’s so easy to clean and small enough to keep in a diaper bag.

June 29, 2020
    South Dakota, United States

Awesome pump to use while breastfeeding!

I use the haakaa breastpump while on the opposite breast while feeding my baby. I have the newer version that has a suction base so it doesn't tip over like the old version I had. The newer one has thicker silicone and feels like a more powerful suction! The larger haakaa is amazing for me and I don't have to squeeze the air out again to keep suction going. It helps catch the letdowns and has helped create a good stash. The grey lid on this haakaa fits much better and stays on unlike the old version. It's easiest to apply the haakaa by flipping the top back before squeezing the side, placing on the nipple, then flipping the top back over to get a very good suction. This has helped get clogs out more quickly, too! I love using this in combination with breastfeeding!

November 20, 2019

simple ans easy to use

I love these silicone breast pumps, they are super easy to use and perfect for collecting. I also utilize this for pumping occasionally as well. I have an oversupply so it's no necessary for me to use a manual or electric pump; however, I think for someone with supply issues, this pump may not be super effective and collecting any sizable amount would be a struggle. This pump is super easy to clean and sanitize as there are not many pieces that need to be washed.

August 17, 2019
    Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Super catcher!

I started my expressing journey with a manual pump that I could never get the hang of. Then switching to an electric! After a while I found I was wasting so much milk by not catching my let down off the one breast whilst expressing the other. A friend recommended I buy a haakaa and stick it on one breast while expressing the other and I can’t tell you enough how glad I am that she did advise that! I’ve saved so much more doing this!
    Simply pop it on and bobs your uncle. No pain, it’s comfortable. And you don’t need to do anything! I’ve even started using it on the free breast whilst I’m feeding my baby. No more wastage!

100% recommend anyone breastfeeding to have one of these!

August 13, 2019

AMAZING

This is the best pump I have ever used, I can’t stand hand pumps or electric ones. They hurt me a lot, and this one just uses natural suction! It’s made out of silicone and very durable. Would recommend! It’s AMAZING!

June 04, 2019

Convenient and easy to use

I bought this pump to use while breastfeeding in order to catch the milk that would leak from the opposite side. It does exactly this and more! Using this pump I have been able to build up a freezer stash with the milk that would have otherwise been lost into a breast pad. I definitely recommend!

March 30, 2019
    Maryland, United States

Life Saver

My son had weight gain issues and I was told I needed to supplement (doctors always assume it’s a supply issue - really he is not an efficient eater). I started using the haaka on the opposite breast and would offer the milk after nursing. He is now on track and I’ve been able to “supplement” with my own milk. In addition to what I feed him, I’ve been able to stash +/- 4 oz a day just by using the Haakaa. Every breastfeeding or EP mom needs one of these.

February 11, 2019

Better than any motorized breast pump

This was recommended to me by my lactation consultant. I had a major oversupply issue and i think this maybe one of the reasons i was able to regulate it. This is a god send!

September 21, 2018
    California, United States

A must have for nursing mothers!

After having two babies I was shocked when I read about the haaka in an online forum. I knew I had to have one. No more wasting milk to nursing pads, the haaka simply pops on to one side and effortlessly catches the milk that normally leaks while nursing or pumping the other. I reccomend this now to all expecting moms I know and wish I knew about it sooner!

August 03, 2018

Easy and simple

The Haakaa Breast Pump is a simple pump for moms. I bought one when my second was only 3 weeks old. I was sore and engorged and upset about all my milk I had to express by hand either down the drain or into a bowl. I was recommended this pump by a nurse at my family doctors. I did my research and looked into reviews before buying it. Firstly the best part is that if it doesn't work for you, you didn't spend nearly $200 + on a pump. Its cheaper by far. For $20.00 for just the pump and $30.00 for pump and stopper you can't go wrong. Secondly, from the reviews I read some people bought the pump when baby was about 4 months or more. I bought this for when I needed relief. Not to pump exclusively. So using this from when baby was a newborn and my milk had not yet stabilized has help me make a stash of frozen milk. I still am currently using it but not as much as I was in the beginning days. Its nice if you want to pump and put it in a bottle right away for others to feed as well. I will say sometimes I need to help express to get more in the bottle but then other times I get more than I thought I had need to pump. I can usually gather anywhere from 2oz's to 4oz's at any pumping session. I believe in this pump. It's easy to clean, pain free, and no noise. Just be careful if you are breastfeeding baby at the same time. My little one likes to try and kick it off. You don't cry over spilled milk until its breast milk.