Hoaka Swimwear Reviews
#7 in Swimwear

June 25, 2018

Really into this bikini line

I was introduced to this bikini brand by one of Chick Advisor's very own and was attracted to the brand because of the bright coloured, sporty suits and because the company is based on YUL. I now own 6 Hoaka bikinis in various styles, including the Royce, Molly, Neon, black velvet triangle and yellow zip-up (I can't recall the specific names of those last 2). Hoakas are different than regular bathing suits as they are made of neoprene or velvet neoprene. It's scuba-suit material texture. They have a really great variety of sizes, including S+ and S++ for girls/women with a small ribcage but large bust, and they have 5 different types of bottom styles. While the owner of the brand Elisabeth had an IG following before she started Hoaka, she uses average men and women to advertise the suits. It is apparent that she is truly a body positive person and really tries to promote self-love and acceptance with Hoaka's branding. It's rare that you see a swim brand with fans from age 12 to 45, but Hoaka has managed to appeal across the board.

May 22, 2018

👙

Je suis tellement fière que cette jeune entrepreneure provienne de notre magnifique province du Québec! Ses produits sont magnifiques, originaux avec sa marque et son design bien propre à elle, un tissus de qualité, des couleurs hallucinantes, des modèles de qualité qui mettent toutes nos formes en valeur, quelles qu'elles soient et surtout : les minis prix! Non mais un kit complet de qualité pour 88$ , on en trouve pas au bikini village ou autre! Tout derrière cette marque est bien pensé et n'oubliez pas de la suivre sur instagram pour courrir la chance de participer aux nombreux concours de voyage!

2.3/5

April 17, 2018

Très décue, mauvaise qualité, elle vend du rêve.

Très décue, mauvaise qualité, elle vend du rêve. Taché dès la première utilisation. Très difficile de trouver notre taille!

Very sad, poor quality, she sells the dream. Stained from the first use. Very difficult to find our size!

Porté une fois, déjà taché un peu jaune sur le contour blanc.
    De plus, super pratique, quand tu te fais bronzer de dos ... l'attache en métal te fait savoir qu'il fait très chaud! De plus, maillot très pratique si tu veux aller nager, ca bouge et rien ne reste en place.

J’ai du essayer 4 modèle différent… pour finalement qu’il y en ait aucun qui me plait (aucun remboursement).
    personnellement, mes seins n’était pas avantagé du tout dans ce maillot.
    Cher pour le produit.

March 04, 2018

Best bikini ever

I followed the sizing chart and for me it was the perfect sizing. You said you ordered in 2016, they probably changed their sizing chart since then... I have 4 different colors, I am addicted to it. It is the most flattering bikini I've ever owned because of the material. The shipping was free to the US and I received it after 3 days. Maybe you should try to order again, the company was created in 2016 and you ordered in 2016, I guess they made some changes since then. It says free exchange on the website and it is refundable.

1.3/5

February 26, 2018

Size Chart Inaccurate and poor quality control

I purchased a two piece bathing suit for my daughter. Measurements were taken carefully and checked several times before selecting the size recommended by the size chart.
    When the bathing suit arrived the top was too small and the bottoms fit very snugly. We decided to keep the bottoms as we were concerned the next size up would be too big. We returned the top. As the website recommends tracking the delivery both ways we did so and this cost a total of $30.00.
    When the replacement top arrived the shade of colour was quite different - obviously from a different dye lot.
    As going through the return process again would cost an additional $30.00 I suggested to my daughter that we just keep the mismatched pieces and learn a lesson from all this.
    Frustrating!

October 17, 2017

Not satisfied

I bought my Hoaka after months & months of wanting one; months of entering instagram giveaways, and months of obsessing over the bikinis that looked so beautiful on Instagram. I still love the companys owner Elisabeth and the girls who represent Hoaka with different body types; but I’ve lost some faith in the company. Once I got my order after weeks of waiting; the bottoms (size large) didn’t even fit over my bumb. The medium top felt like I was trying on a child’s sports bra. So I sent it back and got size XL bottoms, and a large top. Another few weeks and it’s here finally just in time for winter. Yay :( so my Hoaka is finally here and still, both are a tad bit small. So I email the company and ask them how these sizes can be XL and L because they fit super small. And they reply saying “sizes are in junior, not like child but junior” so junior as in teen or tweens. I found this bizzare because I couldn’t find that anywhere in the hoaka website or Instagram page; I wish I had known that before I ordered my hoaka because I would have waited for more size options. I still wear my hoaka but it’s defientely not what I was hoping for. Now I see that Tessa brooks and Erika costell are hoaka representives and in the Bahamas for a hoaka trip. I had loved this company even after the whole bathing suit mishap; but having two horrible girls as ambassadors sent me to start hating Hoaka. The two Instagram stars faked an abuse story including Team 10 & caused a lot of controversy. I personally hate Erika and Tessa, but many people have different views on it. I’ve lost some respect for Hoaka but I still support them, and hope for the best for Elisabeth and her company.

August 13, 2017

It was good at first...

Il est fort probable que vous connaissez la compagnie Hoaka Swimwear de la jeune entrepreneure originaire de Mirabel Élisabeth Rioux. C'est une compagnie de bikini fait de néoprène qui a commencé à vendre sur son site www.hoakaswimwear.com en avril 2016 et qui fait fureur, c'est le cas de le dire.

Je me suis procurée le Noémie (discontinué, celui sur la photo) en septembre 2016 et j'ai dû échanger le top car il n'était pas conforme à la charte des grandeurs sur laquelle je m'étais fiée.

Je me suis procurée mon deuxième en novembre de la même année, soit le Jones. Il me fait, par contre, le bas du maillot, lorsqu'il est en contacte avec de l'eau, se rempli de cette dernière et gonfle et reste ainsi. J'ai donc du tissus gonflé sur mon maillot. Pour le top, à certains endroit, il a décoloré blanc et mauve à d'autres... bizarre.

Se détaillant à 69$ US, je n'en rachèterai plus, malheureusement.