Jamieson Prenatal Multivitamin Reviews

Jamieson’s Prenatal contains a complex of 33 vitamins, minerals and nutrients specially designed for the support of pregnant and breast-feeding women. It contains 1 mg of folic acid for the prevention of neural tube defects, 28 mg of chelated iron for red blood cell expansion in both the mother and fetus and 20 mg of zinc to prevent malformations and low birth weight in the developing fetus.

January 13, 2018

Would buy again

I had a great experience with these vitamins. I found they went down smoothly and stayed down. Plus they have many options including one with DHA which is a nice bonus since they make it all in one pill. Definitely using again with future pregnancies.

September 20, 2017

I am feeling good

I cannot tell that this is the best quality product as I cannot verify. But at least I feel good after taking these vitamins. 16 CAD + tax for 90 pc - I think good value.

May 24, 2017

I have use this prenatal for both of my pregnancy's, I did not have any problem with stomach upset, even during the first 3 months, I just took it at night before going to bed, and most of the time there was not problem. I like the fact they are natural ingredients, so I do not have to worry about harsh chemicals for my baby's.

February 19, 2017

I find these easy to swallow and easy on my stomach. My doctor and pharmacist recommend pregvit over these but the pharmacist said these were the next bets, if you need something over the counter. Of course, its best to check with your doctor but I love that you only need to take one of these vs pregvit where you need to take one in the morning and one in the evening.

January 31, 2016

These were great during my pregnancy and after as I was breastfeeding. Gave baby and I all the nutrients and vitamins that we needed through our journey.

December 09, 2015

The only one I'm buying now. No gelatin, take one a day, and the ingredients are more natural compared to many other drug store brands. Taste isn't the best (doesn't really taste of peppermint like it should?) I'll still buy it.

May 08, 2015

A great multivitamin .. I never had any problems taking these and did before and well after my pregnancy

March 23, 2015

I used this before and it worked great. it gave me all the vitamins and minerals my body needed for my baby. great stuff.

November 20, 2014

I used Jamieson Prenatal Multivitamin for a year prior to getting pregnant and I've been using them throughout my pregnancy. I haven't suffered from any morning sickness, so I'm not sure if these would make that symptom worse or not.

I picked these over the Materna brand because I liked that the list of non-medicinal ingredients was significantly shorter in this brand. They are a bit pricey, but I try to stock up when they go on sale.

I did find that my gag-reflex got a lot stronger during the first half of my pregnancy so I found the size of these hard to get down. I usually ended up gagging when I swallowed, but I persevered as I didn't want to switch brands. Plus, I'm pretty sure these are the smaller prenatal multivitamins compared to the other brands.

As to the taste that one reviewer commented on, I'm not sure if she's sucking on these or trying to chew them. But I don't find there to be any taste on my tongue while trying to swallow these, nor do I ever get any kind of aftertaste.

One thing I did notice about these multivitamins is that they don't contain enough calcium. So it's recommended to take extra calcium on the side. Good luck with that though as the calcium pills are the largest I've found. But most ladies suck back the Tums while pregnant, I know I did, and they will provide more than enough of your daily calcium intake.

October 23, 2014

Just thinking about taking these daily makes me want to vomit everywhere...they taste AWFUL!! I'm soon going to switch to a different pre-natal because I can't stand these...they make me feel horrible. Great price, not worth the taste though, even just writing this review I almost threw up thinking about it...