Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant Reviews

Ranked #277 out of 492 in Deodorant/Anti-perspirant

March 31, 2017

I bought Lavanila deodorant from Sephora since I am concerned about health risks of anti-antiperspirants. I note that this is a deodorant that a lot of people are not satisfied with, but for me it was quite the opposite. The product is effective for me (note that I do not sweat a lot to begin with), I was surprised at how good it was, lasting all day. And the smell is lovely (I use the Coconut Vanilla and the Vanilla, both smell delicious). For me at least, this product is a winner.

February 28, 2017

I purchased a gift pack that included 3 different scents of this Deoderant. I have now tried all 3 (including their vanilla scent), and I am not very pleased.

First, the product is kind of painful to apply (it is rather dry and feels harsh on skin).

Then, the product does not last and I feel smelly in only a couple of hours.

This was one of those deodorants for me that made me smell worse. Strange body reaction perhaps, but not a fan.

1.5/5

October 02, 2016

I decided to buy this deodorant in hopes it would give me the protection I needed. I found for the price it wasn't worth it at all. It smells lovely but t was just like the cheap brands I have been buying that I don't fund are very effective.

October 01, 2016

This product is the best deodorant that I've found since switching from antiperspirant, which contains aluminum. The scent is a light vanilla and the company has a few other variations.

September 10, 2016

I really wanted to love this product. I had been looking for an organic/natural deodorant for quite some time so I was happy when I came across this one in sephora. I tried it the next day and to my disappointment it really was not effective at all! I had brought it with me and throughout the day I had to keep reapplying it (and I must have doen so about 4 times!). Keeping in mind that I had never had this problem before with my drugstore deodorant (i.e. dove), I had to put this product aside, mark it as a fail, and my quest continues for a competent non-toxic deodorant.

March 15, 2016

I had been on the hunt for a good quality natural deodorant for a while and decided to pick this one up at my local Sephora. I bought "vanilla snowberry" - which smells like vanilla and berries. Smells really nice, and worked quite well! No wetness or stinkiness...which is something I'm always worried about when I buy these natural deodorants.

The small travel size cost me $10, which is really expensive for A) deodorant in general, and B) of the tiny size. I decided to take the hit though as if it didn't work, it wouldn't be a huge loss.

I don't think I will buy this again though for the simple fact that my friend who bought the same product broke out into a huge rash. Doesn't happen to everyone but it still scared me off!

October 06, 2015

The effectiveness is really good, but the scent is nothing special and the actual product breaks apart with every use. For the height of the price is should last and work much better than it does. Ratio of container to product doesn't balance, and especially when chunks fall off it makes the value even worse. There are many better aluminum free deods out there.

May 01, 2015

It works really good, for an aluminum-free deodorant. I was pleased with how long it lasted, and that my pits didn't have that funky stank by the end of the day. I purchased the pure vanilla scent. I found it was a little more musky than I had expected. But, I prefer the smell of girly candy-scented crap from the drugstore. I purchased this deodorant because I was looking for something healthier and more natural than drug-store brands. Overall, I was very pleased with how well this natural deodorant works. I will be purchasing this again, but probably in a different scent.

Updated On: May 01, 2015

*update: After reading everyone else's reviews, I should probably mention that I'm not a "sweaty" person. ie, I don't always need to wear deodorant if I'm just lounging or having a relax day. If I'm going out in the sun/exercise I'll put some on beforehand, but I rarely get moist armpits unless I'm really physically active.

January 26, 2015

This stuff works well and smells great. I love that it's natural. But it is kinda pricy. I was able to get it on sale a few times and I would buy it again if I could find another sale but I think I'm on the search for something else a bit cheaper.

November 10, 2014

I was on the search for an aluminum free deodorant, since hearing about the harm of putting aluminum on your skin. This was one of the first I tried. I got the smaller sample size, which was still almost $15! I got the grapefruit scented one. It smells absolutely delicious, but unfortunately, it's the worst deodorant I've ever used in my life. If I miss a day, I don't smell bad. I may sweat a bit, but I never have that BO smell. With this deodorant on, within an hour I just STUNK. I don't know if it was a bad chemical reaction with my sweat, but holy smokes, it was vile. I almost smelled like extremely strong chlorine mixed with just plain awful. I gave it an honest go for about a week or two, then had to stop using it, because every day it was just the same thing. I looked up reviews and apparently I'm not the only one that has experienced this!

Kmjk added a new review for
    Pine-sol lavender clean 4x