Mario Kart 8 - Wii U Reviews
#11 in Computers

April 13, 2017

This game is definitely very fun. It's good for rainy days with my son. I'm not a gamer myself, so I like how easy it is to learn and use. I always find video games expensive but that is just my own personal opinion.

July 22, 2016

My kids love this game. It's a fun game that the whole family can enjoy together. We have family game night and this is one of our top games to play.
    It's entertaining and it's very appropriate for all ages.
    It's relatively easy to play. I'm not going to say the cost is great cause I honestly find video games way too expensive. But worth it inguess

February 20, 2016

Love Mario Cart 8 so much fun with the family even on your own! my son who is 4 love to play he gets so excited when Mario is around! Great hi def rendering of an old classic.

February 19, 2016

An AWESOME game!! Fun for the entire family. It's easy to play my 4 yo LOVES it. An array of boards!! Colorful boards to keep everyone excited, lots of characters & vehicles to choose from, and hours of FUN!! I highly recommend this game for race car/Mario lovers.

February 14, 2016

This is a fun game for the family to play. We like how players can customize vehicles and choose from a great variety of characters. The kids enjoy using the highlight reel - a lot of laughs there.

February 14, 2016

The Mario Kart 8 - Wii U is amazing. More challenging then the original Mario Kart. Great different levels. More tracks available. Great for kids or adults. I love the fact that you can drive on walls and ceiling with this new game. I also love the new boomerang features that you can throw to attack other players. A bit expensive but worth the money.

November 09, 2015

I never played the original Mario Kart, so let me tell you what I thought of Mario Kart 8 as a new player.

Mario Kart 8 is a really fun racing game, but it's tons more fun playing with friends. There really is nothing like the feeling of tossing crap at your nearest and dearest and spoiling their fun. I've thrown a couple of Mario Kart parties now and everyone always has a blast. I love the sheer amount of unlockables, allowing my husband to play with a cart pulled by tiny wooden horses. Me? I like the bikes and I pink it up big time, cute and deadly.

One of the cool features of the new game is the ability to play as your Mii rather than the Mario characters. It's so much more fun crashing into the likeness of your friend and taking first right at the end. Would be good if there were a few more maps, so I'd recommend the DLC (although that's extra).

Another cool feature is that the Amiibo's can unlock custom racing suits, you can check it out on the Nintendo website and decide which ones you like, for me it was Peach (of course!) and Bowser.

Playing online multiplayer is also a blast, but honestly I don't know that I'd ever play single player. This is one of the only games I'll use online multiplayer and I like the system of voting on which track you want to play. As a new player I found the Wii remote controls fiddly and would recommend a Wii Pro controller or using the Wii gamepad for this one.