3.9/5
Prestige Item
Murad Clarifying Cleanser Reviews

Clears and prevents blemishes and skin breakouts. Effectively Treats and Prevents Acne and Skin Breakouts By: Reducing 99.9% of irritating surface bacteria in less than one minute. Penetrating deep to keep skin clean and clear. 1.5% Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment. Maximum strength gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. 90% Proven effective when using in combination with Acne Complex products. (Clinically proven in over 90% of users to reduce blemishes in just 4 weeks). Salicylic Acid clears skin and prevents future breakouts. Green Tea Extract and Menthol calm and cool irritated skin. Dermatologist developed and tested. Murad does not test on animals. Made in the USA.

August 11, 2018

Beware if you have sensitive skin

I bought this cleanser recently because it was the deal of the week at Sephora.ca (only $15 - 50% off regular price). It contains -.5% salicylic a is, which is effective at both controlling and treating acne. I was recently diagnosed with cystic acne and thought this cleanser would be a good fit to use once per day. Turns out it’s way too strong to use it daily, at least on my face. I have reduced my use of it to 2x per week and haven’t had any peeling breaking out or irritation since.

December 04, 2017

Works well to treat and prevent acne

I've had a bottle of this cleanser for over a year now, and it's still pretty full. It works to help clear acne and prevent new breakouts with deep absorbing salicylic acid. This doesn't dry out my skin, but I use a medium level moisturiser always after using it, and my face stays matte all day.

July 14, 2017

This is for the body spray cleanser...

I have always had skin concerns - dry, sensitive, mild acne prone etc. I was thrilled to find a superb product for my body. It contains salicilic acid which I know is drying but does work well on my breakouts.

The product clears my skin and keeps it clear. I love it! The bottle design is superb and sprays upside down to get all areas. The product dries quickly and lasts a dry long time. I used it daily for a month then a couple of times a week to maintain. This has helped me and though expensive it is worth it for a year of clear skin- in my view!

1.7/5

May 01, 2016

A lot of people recommended I try the Murad because I have adult acne, so I was super excited to try it. Man was it a let down. Not only did it not work, it made my acne flair up worse!!! I do not recommend this to anyone!

January 06, 2015

Very good cleanser. My brother and i both use it and according to my brother it worked wonders for him. For me i think it works but i also use alot of othet acne products so im not sure but it hasnt made my breakouts worst and i do like the tingly sensation afterwards.

August 14, 2014

I have very sensitive and oily skin and I am prone to redness and breakouts. Ever since I started using Murad's Clarifying Cleanser, my skin has been even and clear. I use this in the morning and after taking my makeup off at night. My skin is a lot less oily, too! I notice that when I don't use it religiously, pimples start to pop up. Worth every penny!

August 13, 2014

This is an amazing face wash for anyone with sensitive skin and acne concerns! I suffer from both and find that Murad, unlike most acne cleansers, is not harsh and leaves your face feeling refreshed and clean. I noticed a considerable difference in my face acne also. It didn't eliminate the problem, but reduced a lot of the irritation and redness. A

July 14, 2014

It's a pretty good cleanser. I washed my make up off without leaving any behind. I found it worked best in the shower to rinse off my face, instead of using it at the sink.

August 12, 2013

A little pricey but a very good cleanser! Nothing controls my acne as well as this cleanser. It makes my skin a little dry but keeps my acne under control.

June 20, 2012

I love Murad! Recently I splurged and bought the skin care choices from a special On Murads site hoping to "help" my complexion.

I could definately feel the tingle as I washed and it continues fighting breakouts after you've rinsed it off

I have noticed a major difference in my amount of normal breakouts especially with this hot summer weather, sweating and worrying about pores clogging

Ladies this is a winner and I've tried so many other products to help my face it's sick.

Worth the money large bottle that should last me two months I'm hoping I've been using it for 2 weeks and so far barely made a dent in the bottle at all!

Murad sends you samples with order so that's a bonus

Customer service rocked and super fast shipping