Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush Reviews
#18 in Toothbrushes

August 13, 2017

Clean, White and Fresh

I’ve been using the Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean for over two years now and I’m still not sure it’s the perfect toothbrush. As far as looks are concerned this toothbrush has a very sleek design. It feels good in your hand and it’s easy to keep clean. The toothbrush comes with several nice accessories, I especially like the glass cup as that always stays on the bathroom counter and that’s where the toothbrush gets stored when I’m done with it. There is also a very nice case that comes with the Sonicare that is great for travelling. For charging the Sonicare there are several options. It comes with a chrome base that you can use with the cup or with a separate charging accessory that sits on the base. Also the USB travelling case that is included can also be plugged in to your computer so the unit can charge that way as well. This is definitely a technologically advanced toothbrush. I wouldn’t even begin to guess what could me more futuristic then the Sonicare as far as brushing your teeth goes.
    My first few times using the Sonicare were honestly a bit frightening. The vibration feels like it shakes up your whole mouth and that you might accidently chip a tooth. Because of the price of the unit I thought I better make sure and give it a chance. I would say that it took about two weeks to get used to the feeling. As far as cleaning goes it has 5 cleaning modes that vary in length of time. Mostly I just use the “clean” mode. I was using the “white” mode but I was finding that mode took too long for me. Now that I am used to the extreme vibration I do feel like it does give your teeth a nice clean feeling. I actually don’t notice the vibration any longer, it just feels normal. On the rare occasion that I use a manual toothbrush I feel like it isn’t enough anymore. I really like the way my teeth feel after using the Sonicare. As far as the whiteness of my teeth I am not sure if the Sonicare has made them whiter. To be fair I do periodically get my teeth whitened so I can’t judge the effectiveness of just using the Sonicare for whiter teeth. I also find that I am replacing the brush heads about every 6 months. The brush heads have a blue indicator on them and when the blue fades it’s time to get a new brush head.
    What I don’t like about the Sonicare. Yes there are a couple of things. I don’t like that I can’t just shut the unit off when I want to. Once you have started in a certain mode, pressing the power button only changes you to a different mode, it doesn’t power off the toothbrush. A few times my toothpaste has just vibrated right off the toothbrush as I couldn’t shut it off. The power button only works once you are well in to the cycle of that mode and only have a few seconds left of that particular mode. One other thing I don’t like is that it takes a long time to charge before it’s ready to use again. I basically have to charge it the whole day. If I use it that morning then by that evening I can use it again. Over time I have noticed that I need to charge it more often. Probably I am charging every 10 days and using the Sonicare twice a day. Would I recommend the Philips Sonicare Diamond clean? My answer is yes. In fact I just bought one for my partner. Like I said it does clean your teeth very well and ultimately that’s what we want in a toothbrush.

February 12, 2017

I was a little sceptical of the steep price, but I can get past that now since I feel like I've just come from the dentist every time I've used this toothbrush. I love it and I'm glad I made the leap!

January 01, 2017

Although this is pretty pricy it's worth every dollar. After the first use I noticed a huge difference in how clean and smooth my teeth felt. I don't think I will ever go back to a manual toothbrush.

July 12, 2016

Fantastic toothbrush for the value, very reliable and comfortable to use. Comes with handy accessories (glass cup, charging set and travelling charge kit) along with a replacement brush. The replacement brushes can get expensive but you only need to replace it every 2-3 month or so.

June 20, 2016

This is a great electronic toothbrush! It cleans your teeth really well. Your teeth will feel super smooth and it has a timer so you know you have brushed your teeth for the right amount of time. The toothbrush comes with a USB charger and a case so you can travel with it knowing your toothbrush is protected. It has a sleek design and you can choose from many different cleaning methods.

June 10, 2016

It is worth every penny! It gives you the same feeling when you get a professional teeth cleaning and decrease the number of visits you must pay to your dentist. The travel case it is really nice and neat. Perfect for those who travels a lot or simple keep in the purses. The batteries last quite a while i usually recharge mine every month.