3.9/5
Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews
#1 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

February 07, 2019

Disappointing

As somone who gets cold sores frequently, I was excited about this product. Had a heck of a time putting it on only to have it fall off hours later. I would use it in the house but I certainly would never use it in public.

February 06, 2019

Dud for us

My husband tried this and it did not seem to work for him. I was hoping that it would as we have not been able to find anything that helps him, but sadly, this also did not help.

January 24, 2019

Might be good for some but not me

I'm prone to fever blisters so I try pretty much any new products. there was a good quantity in the package but they didn't stick unless I kept my mouth open, felt very bulky and heavy

January 18, 2019

I dont think it works

For an over the counter product, I think a lysine product is more effective. Prescription zovirax is the best. I found the polysporin patch annoying and peeling off. Also did not notice a faster healing time

October 19, 2018

Not wow !

Il fait le travail mais rien de diffèrent des autres produits pour les feux sauvages. Aide à guerir mais pas d'une façon rapide et souper efficace. le maquillage ne tombe pas à perfection dessous.

2.3/5

October 17, 2018

Meh

I get cold sores all the time usually brought on by stress, using too many facial products, thinking about cold sores etc. (I am very prone to them) I have had them since I was born pretty much and I have tried everything under the sun. I had gotten this hoping it would help but kinda made it worse. I made my cold sore larger and a lot more gross looking. It actually took longer for it to heal and I had to go to my Dermatologist to get medication for it. Crappy it didn't work.

October 17, 2018

Meh

Didnt realy think much about this product. It worked but i didnt really like the coverage that it gave. I was hopin for something that i coulda better hid.

September 23, 2018

Okay

I don’t think I would buy the product again. I’m prone to cold sores so I have tried a wide variety of products for them. I found these did not work as great as they claimed to work. There price is very high as well for the amount you receive.

August 22, 2018

Good to keep on hand.

I discovered this product a few years back before I took medication for cold sores.
    I found using a medicated ointment for a few days then applying this patch for the last remaining days worked well.

It “healed” the sore in my opinion.
    Using treatment to get rid of the virus before it spread then using the patch to finish the job was great.

It hid the sore VERY well when applied perfectly. Other times you would see the plastic if it didn’t stick to your skin properly.

I would recommend this to anyone who gets cold sores, but would also advise them to go see their doctor for medication if they get cold sores often.

2.3/5

August 14, 2018

Somewhat works to hide sore, horrible at treating sore.

I work in fashion and model for a small company on the side. My biggest worry is to hide the sore, but I would obviously like it gone quickly as well. My cold sores, untreated, last around 10-12 days. They do not hurt but are very ugly to look at.
    Concerning hiding the sore, it is effective when I do not eat or drink anything. The edges of the patch are still visible even with lipstick on top of it too unfortunately. When I eat or drink, the patch lifts and goes from clear to a white/cloudy colour. This makes it extremely visible.
    Concerning treating the sore, it does not do anything. My cold sore still lasted 10-12 days despite using this product at first signs (tingling), having it on 24/7, and changing it whenever I eat/drink (around 4-5 times a day).
    It is too expensive of a product to only last me 4-5 days. It does not treat the cold sore and does not speed up healing time. It moderately hides the sore as long as it does not lift.