• Pure+simple Sensitive Pitta Face Oil

Pure+simple Sensitive Pitta Face Oil Reviews

1 review
Ranked #1135 out of 1360 in Facial Lotions & Creams

August 23, 2011

Oil is a commonly misconceived product. Most people shun it, and instead, gravitate towards oil-free this and that. Bu facial oils are a wonderful alternative to moisturizer, and fear not, it does not clog pores nor does it make your skin oily.

I value tradition over beauty fads, but sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing the two. I was recently introduced to Ayurvedic medicine, and while I don't embrace all of its ideas wholeheartedly, I think many of its principles have merit.

Ayurvedic is native to the Indian subcontinent and has been around a long time. They believe there are five great elements – earth, fire, water, air and ether - and that people are comprised of these, with one being most predominant. I am fire aka pitta.

Pittas have highly reactive and sensitive skin. Yup, that’s soooo me.

A month ago my skin started peeling, likely due to sun burn and irritation. By the time I made it to my facial, it was flaky and raw. This oil was recommended because it would not only gently hydrate my skin, but also soothe inflammation. At first blush it seems pricey, but it's actually a great value because a few drops are all you need to cover the entire face.

Pitta oil has been recruited. I’m starting to gather the troops in anticipation of chapped lips, wind chill, snow, etc. I’m aware it’s only September, but this is Toronto where the winters are merciless; it’s never too early to start preparing.

lamurap has started a new forum topic
    CHESTER BENNINGTON

Finola added a new review for
    Solo Energy Bar