Sally Hansen Gel Nail Kit Reviews

Ranked #641 out of 1563 in Nail Polish

July 12, 2017

Great if you can't make it to the salon!

If you can't make it to get your nails done professionally than this is a great alternative! It's good for a manicure in a pinch! Not intended to let super long so don't be surprised if it chips after a few days, but it'll give you the desired look for a bit!

March 21, 2017

This kit is expensive. I'm going to start off with that, just to get it out of the way. I really had to think about it before I invested in a gel nail lamp. I've been a big fan of keeping my nails painted since high school, mostly because it was what finally stopped me from chewing my nails. Regular nail polish at my old job (at a warehouse) was awful though, and chipped after 1-2 days, and I could never keep up, so I finally decided to use gel.

I bought this kit over the others out there because hey, it's just a light, and I figured this one was cheapest, but it's been great. I love using it. Even the nail polish it came with is great (though the light pink takes a few three coats to go opaque). My gel nail polish usually lasts me one week (not the two it advertises) but that's mostly because once I notice it peeling or chipping, I take all of it off, whereas most people would probably leave it longer. This has greatly improved things for me, and even when I'm hard on my nails, these still last way longer than regular nail polish and topcoat. I really recommend it. Try getting it done at a salon first, if you're still not sure!

September 22, 2016

The Sally Hansen gel nail polish is great when you don't have time to get your nails done all the time. Drys fast and lots of colors to choose from!!!

September 19, 2016

Absolutely love love love this New York it it's a good price good quality looks really pretty they stay on for long I would definitely buy again and would recommend to all of my friends and family

2.8/5

September 07, 2016

Price for the kit was quite acceptable for this type of product. I found the polish went on quite nicely, a slight streak on a few nails but perfect with the second coat. Waited until dry as instructed, the top coat. Dried quite quickly, while I did more work on the computer and with keyboard. Pleased with all of that. Unfortunately still had the same wear and chipping that I have had with others using the light. Needless to say I am still searching for the best gel polish for longevity.

August 16, 2016

I bought this product just to try to see what I thought and in turn it was great. Nail polish stayed just as long as it would of if I had gone to the salon. This was worth the money I spent.

July 03, 2016

The product dried to s rubbery feeling nail poilish. I have very thin, flexible nails so nail polish lasts 1-3 days normally. I applied on Sun and it made it through until Sat. I am very busy at work with my hands and I hand wash my dishes. So over all, it was good. I used the top coat over regular nail poilsh and itworked just as well so you dont need to buy the kit or the colour coat for it to work. Will definitely buy the gloss coat as it is the best clear coat I have used and it stays glossy.

2.2/5

April 29, 2016

I purchased this product upon reading about it in a magazine. I always find that I do my nails and the next day there are chips in the polish. I have been looking for a gel type nail polish that does not need the lights. I read that this polish was easy to use and long lasting. I bought a 2 pack that had a colour as well as the gel overlay. It was a bit pricey but if it worked it would be worth the price paid. I found it a little hard to apply and there were some bumps in the polish - it did not go on a smoothly as I would have hoped. While the polist lasted a little longer than other regular polish I have, it was only a couple of days before I had some chips in my polish. I was disappointed with the performance of this product given the price. I will try it again to see if I get different results as there are variables but my first impression is that it is only slightly better than regular polish.

April 24, 2016

I'm surprised at some of the reviews here but I absolutely love this kit! My nail polish lasts for 1-2 weeks with minimal chipping. I haven't tried any other lamps Ect so maybe I'm missing out? But I've been very happy with this.

0.7/5

April 24, 2016

so i went out and spent 85 dollars on this kit and i gy o home to use it the lamp it comes with is soo cheap it doesnt work well my nails where still wet after 7 times in the lamp you should not buy this EVER im sooo upset i will be calling them tomorrow