Schick Hydro Silk Trimstyle Reviews
#14 in Hair Removal

January 13, 2018

Those discreet spots...

I purchased this underr the advise of a friend and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use.
    Those discreet little trims were much more manageable and my skin wasn't irritated or rough afterwards.
    The handle did not slip and my precision was impeccable.

December 26, 2017

Excellent

Got one for Christmas. It came in a value pack with a big can of shaving cream. I was hesitant to use the trimmer at first but it worked really good ( close shave). Its amazing. I love how the blade has a moisturizing strip. This product is totally worth it.

September 27, 2017

Love it more than I thought

If you love to feel clean, and look it without the pain this trimmer is life. I bought it because it looked cute and didn't expect it to work so wonderfully. It definitely is a life changer for someone who hasn't got so much me time.. It's fast, easy to use and just great end results.

May 29, 2017

This is my favorite razor ever. It keeps my legs silky and I can use the trimmer side for my bikini line. It's super easy to use and wasn't expensive at all which you'd think with this type of product.

May 29, 2017

I bought this razor/trimmer combo last month and just I LOVE it!!! It is such a handle 2 in one tool that I use every week. I love that the trimmer is very small in diameter too get in all the spaces you need too trim. It trims the hair very well with zero issues. The only problem with this trimmer that I wish they would change is the button that you have too constantly press while trimming. It doesn't turn on and stay on, you have too hold the button down while trimming your hair so my fingers would constantly get sore and cramp up and I would have too take a break. I just don't understand why they didn't have a button that would just stay on automatically without having too hold it down too work. I would have no issues paying an extra couple dollars for that option. But nonetheless the trimmer works excellent.. It also comes with a little attachment too chose the length you want when trimming. I don't use it as I want as close of a shave as possible.

The razor portion of this tool works nit that great. I would rate it a 2.5/5 as it only lasted me 2 shaves. After the 3rd shave I noticed the blade getting really dull and it wouldnt shave my hair on my legs anymore which ended up in a rash. The replacement cartilages are super expensive and with it only lasting me 2 times its not worth it for me too continue buying the cartilages. So ill stick too my usual men's razor blades as they last me over 3 weeks. The razor also came infused with moisturizers. I did not feel any difference with that added.

In conclusion: Trimmer works excellent! It takes one AAA battery. Razor not so much. But I will defiantly still use the trimmer as its the best one I have used so far. And price is on point! Just hope with the next model they come out with it will have an On/Off option so it can run without having too constantly push the button for it too work.

I bought this at Walmart on Sale for 12.95$CAN. And I recommend it if your looking for a great cost effective trimmer.

May 09, 2017

I got this to replace the previous Shick trimmer and razor that croaked on me after more than 5 years of use. The razor part has been upgraded to a lot more blades (not sure if 7 or 8) and the trimmer part has is the same with a slightly altered design. The trimmer works as advertised, wet or dry, it does the job efficiently and I have no complaints. Hope it lasts as much as the previous one. The razor part however, with the addition of a very moisturizing strip, is not as effective at removing hair as the ones with less blades. I found having to go over and over the same area as the product just seemed to slide over the skin without removing any hair. For that reason I would not recommend using this as your main razor. A+ to the trimmer though.

April 27, 2017

This came in the Limited Edition TopBox Kit I bought last week. I have had a chance to try it out a couple of times and most recently today, I finally tried the bikini trimmer. (TMI.. lol)

This is the closest shave I have ever had, almost the same as getting my legs waxed. I applied a shave cream first, the razor is easy to handle with rubber gripes to prevent sliding, the 5-6 blades shaved my legs beautifully and it also has a hydrating serum gel strip for added moisture, my legs are so smooth, and I am kinda excited for my next shave!

On the other end is a bikini trimmer, with a removal plastic cover for customized trim length. I used it with the cover for an overall trim and then removed it to shave just the bikini line for an even closer shave, removing all of the hair. Its really easy to use, and at no point did I feel concerned with getting razor burn or accidentally kicking myself, which is always a worry when shaving an extremely sensitive area. (For ladies that want to go completely hair-free, I am confident this tool will do just that)

I wont be storing this in the shower because I don't want anyone else using it, but for those of you who do, you don't have to worry because its water proof.
    Tip: the on/off button stays on, just press it a bit harder until you hear it click

March 08, 2017

This is a razor on one end and a trimmer on the other for trimming and shaping the hairs in your Bikini area. I truly love using this razor a whole lot.

August 11, 2016

This is by far the best razor i have discovered yet and it has a bonus trimmer. Although the plastic guard on the trimmer is useless the trimmer is a great bonus. The razor blade works amazingly! Would reccomend without a doubt.

May 07, 2016

Great little razor that does two jobs in one. The shaving side is on par with men's razors (which I usually use since they are generally better in my opinion) and trims shorter leg hair as well as heavy growth reasonably well. It's not going to be perfect with one stroke (especially for longer hair), but doesn't take more than two. My legs and underarms were lovely and smooth after and I didn't cut myself.

I really like the design of this razor and the fact that it has a little heft to it. The thickness of the handle actually helped me to control it a lot better, as well as the shape and guard on the blades.

PROTIP: To keep your blades in the best possible condition, don't keep your razor in the shower as the blades becoming wet more often will dull them faster and ruin the moisturising strip.

This was my first experience with a bikini trimmer and I loved it. I like that there are varying lengths, but found it was more difficult to use with the plastic guard and went much smoother when removing it and just trimming short.

One negative about this is that you do have to press the button quite hard to get the trimmer to activate and it can be a little confusing as when you press it too gently it keeps stopping, so make sure to really press it firmly. If that and the plastic guard was improved, I would rate it a full five stars.

I would recommend this razor for anyone who's looking for a good general use razor and needs a bikini trimmer on a regular basis, or just likes to keep their lady garden nice and neat.

----------------------------------
    Note: I received this product from the Glam Sense Program in exchange for an unbiased, honest review as provided here. As a consumer advocate, I believe in providing quality and honest feedback and receiving a product at a discounted rate will never affect my opinions.