Smashbox Step-by-step Contour Kit Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #85 out of 346 in Bronzer

May 11, 2017

This trio was my first introduction to contouring, bronzing & highlighting! I loved it! It comes with the small mini contouring tampered precision brush that is really help for first timers to line up where to lay the product down. The brush can either be packed or just lightly dusted depending on how dramatic you want your contouring to be. The shades are matte and perfect for adding definition along the jawline, temple, nose and cheekbones. The contour shade is a cool brown (creates the perfect shadow), the bronzer is a mid-tone warm brown (for all you pale princesses out there a cooler taupe shade would work best against your skin.), and the highlighter gives a glow that is daytime/office appropriate (not sparkly; also good for highlighting the brow bone if you want a bit of a shimmer a nice inexpensive highlighter is by HardCandy!).

April 05, 2017

Im not sure Im a pro makeup applier and I dont do a full face all the time. I bought this kit to add some dimension to my face when I want to amp it up. The colours are nice, but Im not sure it was exactly what I was looking for. The highlighter is very matte, so not sure its doing it for me. Good products, but not sure I would buy this in a kit in the future.

March 02, 2017

I use this on a daily basis for face contouring, it's light and looks natural enough to be worn in the office, but would probably not recommend it for outdoors events. It dries the skin slightly, but makes a huge difference in the final look! A couple of times I added a bit too much and I could see the residues on the chin, not the ideal look..... All in all, I am very happy with it.

February 27, 2017

I absolutely love this Contour Kit. I have fair skin and the colors match my complexion prefect. It comes with a highlighter, bronzer and a very beautiful chocolate color for contouring to create a nice flawless look. Work perfect with my foundation, doesn't go on to thick and blends very evenly. It also comes with a book that gives you different tips. I highly recommend giving this a try.

February 09, 2017

I was a total contour novice before this kit entered my life. The concept made me nervous: I had never contoured before. The kit is simple and the instructions are easy to follow. The diagram is straightforward. I think I'm ready to take the next step in my contouring adventure, but I think this is a great starter kit for someone who's just getting their feet wet.

November 02, 2016

This is amazing for contouring your face! you can create shadows and highlights and it's all blended well together. it comes with a free brush too. mine came with a bonus primer as well. The primer goes on smoothly and preps your face for makeup. it makes your makeup last longer. the contour kit is easy to use. it was my first time and I think i did pretty well! it goes on nicely and it's easy to blend for a natural look

March 16, 2016

So I learned how to apply makeup less then a year ago when I participated to a beauty pageant. I didn't really know what was contouring before then and I was trying to do it with bronzer and different shade of foundation. When I walked in Sephora for the first time ever after learning the basics of makeup I decided to buy a countour palette cause I really needed one. I found the Smashbox one and fell in love with it ! It is simple and it works so well ! Since I bought that I can't go out without any contour. I simply follow the picture inside the box and in like 3 minutes I have the perfect contour. This is for sure the best starting contour kit you can get :)

March 11, 2016

I love this product, it's very useful and very easy. I love to use it, and it's a great product overall. 10/10 it provides everything you need to contour successfully.

February 22, 2016

The Smashbox Step By Step Contour Kit is the ultimate easy way for a contour newbie like me to play and learn! Everything is included Contour, Bronzer and Highlighter in a nice compact mirrored case - including a contour brush (Although I would recommend using your own - the brush is very small). Step by Step instructions for colour placement are included based on your face shape which is excellent for instruction. I really like the fact that it is a universal shade compact - takes the guesswork out of picking a colour palette. My skin is more olive toned and the pigmented colours of this kit are perfect!

February 19, 2016

amazing coverage, long lasting and very worth the money.. goes on very light and airy ,, it doesn't clog your pores and washed off very easily.. def use again