• Swiss Gear Luggage

Swiss Gear Luggage Reviews

1 review
Ranked #10 out of 13 in Luggage

July 12, 2014

Major credit to Swiss Gear! I bought a charcoal, 28" SW2228, 2-wheeled suitcase from them. It's my take-everything-I-want-to bag. It's huge! It fits everything in my closet I think. I lived out if it for 3 weeks at a stretch no problem - and it's expandable for when you buy while you travel. It's lightweight construction (10lbs) makes it easy to deal with. It's got a built-in address card, plastic shoe pockets, self-repairing zippers, reinforced corners, side studs, and it's made of very durable material.

On the second trip, I think the Turkish airport ran a vehicle into it: marked the bag and completely bent the frame. I was just arriving for a long trip and the bend did not allow the handle to extend. I got it to my hotel room and had to manually bend the fame back (by standing on it). I realized then that the impact had broken the interior frame on one side. This bag did fine - even with the break - for 4 more flights, 3 weeks, and about 20 times being loaded into travel coaches, not to mention me dragging it around countless hotels etc.

When I got home I called Swiss Gear and after a simple 10 minutes with customer service, they said I could go to their repair centre a 40 minute drive away, or they would send me that whole piece of the frame to replace myself. It took a couple of weeks to get the exact piece, but they replaced the whole thing hassle free, for free even though this was definitely not the fault of the luggage - my bag was definitely bent by something mechanical. They stand by their limited 10-year warranty!

(PS My bag was also under warranty with The Bay, which is why I always buy luggage there. When I called them, I got a really unprofessional man who was rude, unhelpful, unaccommodating and demanded why I didn't have documentation from the Turkish airport. NOT impressed)

fredamans has posted in the forum topic
    sugar bear hair vitamins

Bcqtpie604 added a new review for
    IÖGO Proteine

bextannya added a new review for
    Ombra Spa Hand Care Balm