tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Foundation Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #31 out of 732 in Foundation

July 18, 2017

Decent coverage foundation

While this is an amazing foundation it didn't work as well as I wanted for my skin type. I have acne prone combination skin. It looked amazing it spots and clung to my dry skin in others. Even after I moisturized.

This has medium coverage. While it does down play blemishes it doesn't cover them totally.

It did wear all day and I was pleasantly surprised by that.

I am going to continue to use this to see if I can find tricks for fuller coverage because this truly is a good foundation I unfortunately have horrible skin.

May 14, 2017

J'adore ce fond de teint ! Je ne peux plus m'en passer. Le format est parfait. Je n'ai pas besoin d'en mettre beaucoup pour qu'il cache bien mes imperfections donc il me dure vraiment longtemps.

October 03, 2016

Interestingly enough, this is sort of dry on me. I had wanted to hope this was moisturizing enough for my skin - but nope. Instead it provided great coverage but cake as the day went by. At least I did not have any type of reaction to it - which I always fear when trying out anything new on my skin.

September 27, 2016

I can not rave about this product enough. The finish of this foundation and how easy it is to apply is a dream. Sits really well on the face and is good for combination skin. Colour is true to shade and it is quite waterproof. Can look cakey if too much is used, a little goes a long way with this foundation. Favourite full coverage foundation ever.

September 24, 2016

This foundation is fantastic when I'm having a breakout or I have blemishes to cover up. It comes out fairly thick but blends nicely when buffed into the skin. I wish it came in a pump instead because of its price. I think the packaging seems a bit cheap but overall the product is nice and had a great range for all skin tones.

June 06, 2016

I bought this in shade #27. It is such an amazing light weight foundation that still provides decent coverage. Cost $30, so a bit pricey compared to your average drugstore brand but definitely worth it. Only thing I would like to see improved is the dropper style bottle. I always get nervous that I'm going to knock it over and spill it all when applying so a pump would be better!

May 18, 2016

Loved this foundation ! my skin is combination/oily and i have always had a problem finding a foundation that would last me throughout the day without becoming oily . this product does just that , even at the end of my day my face is still matte and the coverage is still in tact . would reccomned to anyone . this product can be purchased at sephora

May 03, 2016

I needed a foundation that has nice coverage but that didn't make my skin feel oily. This is the perfect one. I don't use a lot the product and it has full coverage. This product lasts a long time since I don't use a lot every day.

May 02, 2016

I really enjoyed this foundation sample. The coverage of this foundation was amazing for me. I usually get medium to full coverage foundation that covers all my imperfections and dark spots. When I first applied this foundation I was amazed at the coverage, but also when I applied it, it looked so natural on my face. My nose started getting oil after the 6 or 7th hour, which is good for me because my nose usually get oily around the 4th or 5th hour. My forehead did not get oily at all, I was actually really happy with that. The colour I got was Rich Honey, which is for deeper skin with peach undertone.I would buy this foundation. I really enjoyed wearing this foundation and I got a lot of compliments when I was wearing it. I love that is was full coverage, but it look so natural. I would definitely recommend for combination, oily, normal and even dry skin. The colour was a good match for my skin tone. I will purchase this foundation in the near future for sure.

Full Review: http://allthingsbeautybymaame.blogspot.ca/2016/03/buy-it-or-leave-it-tarte-amazonian-clay.html

April 27, 2016

I've tried many full coverage foundations and none hold a candle to Tarte Amazonian Clay. It's pricey, but if you look at the size of the bottle and the amount you need to use, you'll see it's no more costly than any other high end make up brand. I don't have perfect skin by any means, but the word "flawless" was used about my skin twice while wearing this.

What's Your Favorite?

Mlepine earned the Beauty Expert badge

Mlepine added a new review for
    GLISS Oil Nutritive Shampoo