3.9/5
Prestige Item
tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Foundation Reviews

December 25, 2015

I've been using the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (in shade 3.5) and I LOVE IT. The only problem is that it is super pricey at $66 CAD for 1oz / 30mL. Since I apply foundation everyday, I go through a bottle in 3 months. I've decided to make a switch to this - there's fuller coverage, more product for a lower cost ($51 CAD for 1.7 oz / 50 mL). Amazonian Clay is supposed to be great for your skin too !

I really really wanted to like this but I can't seem to find a good shade to match my skin. I have naturally golden/yellow undertones, so that limits my matches to the 'sand' colors. I am between Light Sand and Light Medium Sand. Light Sand makes me too pale looking and Light Medium Sand is just way too dark.

If you can find a color match, this is a great product. The product has a thicker consistency which may be a turn off for some. And I find the coverage to be more medium than full. It can be layered on to provide better coverage.

2.3/5

July 31, 2014

It's just an okay foundation in my opinion. I found that I had to use a lot of product in order to get full coverage. I also found that it sinks into fine lines. Whole it isn't a bad foundation, for the price I definitely would not repurchase, there are much nicer foundations out there..