Vachon 1/2 Moon Cakes

3.9/5
Ranked #299 out of 304 in Baked Goods

June 18, 2017

I grew up eating these

Vachon 1/2 moon cakes are a nice treat . I grew up always having these around . There's a discount vachon store about 5 mins from my place and my mom took full advantage of it . She liked that stuff more than us kids did lol it's a half moon shaped vanilla cake with a whipped cream type product in the middle . The cakes are always moist and the sugary whipped cream helps with that too . They usually go on sale for $2.50 and can be found at Walmart or grocery stores.

June 15, 2017

How Can You Go Wrong With Cake and Cream?!

I am a huge fan of 1/2 Moon Cakes. Every Christmas I ask for these to be put in my stocking. The vanilla cake is soft and fresh. It tastes like a freshly baked cake that has been baked to perfection. The cream inside is rich and sweet. I love the way the mild vanilla cake flavor is brought out by the sweet and decadent flavor of the frosting inside. The cake is easy to eat and very soft. These can often be found on sale.

2.3/5

June 14, 2017

Least Favorite of all the Vachon cakes

This is probably my least favorite of all the Vachon Snack cakes because there so plain ! Just two dry vanilla cakes with a mundane vanilla cream inbetween, the cream is sweet and light which I like I just wish there was something more ! If you like plain vanilla this is deffently the snack for you but be warned they are very dry.

June 14, 2017

Delicious Dessert!

These are my favorite Vachon snacks. They consist of two vanilla cake pieces, which are brought together by vanilla cream. The cake is soft and moist, while the cream is sweet, rich, and creamy. Nothing beats biting into the vanilla cake and reaching the creaming icing centre. I don't know what kind of icing they use for these cakes, but I could eat it by the spoonful. It is not heavy like frosting from a can but not as light as whipping cream.

2.3/5

May 16, 2016

i tried to like these as they look sooo tasty ..how ever i do not care for them ... it left a bad after taste ad is way way to sweet for me...it tastes very artificail ..nope not for me

May 16, 2016

Easy snack for school lunches. Great value and kids love it. Nice treat after kids finish dinner. Vanilla or chocolate snack cakes. Wish they could be a little less crumbley

January 03, 2016

These are really good, the creme inside the cake is so yummy love these as a snack

April 15, 2014

I was raised on Vachon products growing up and I always buy them as a treat for my kids! The price is worth the smiles I recieve!

June 05, 2013

I gotta say Vachon 1/2 Moon Cakes are one of my favorite things to snack on. They taste so good with a creamy inside. I recommend anyone to try this.

July 12, 2012

Vachon 1/2 Moon Cakes are moist, melt in your mouth, cream filled cakes shaped like a half moon. I have loved these cakes for years and they only seem to get better. They have a great vanilla flavor and they are very mild and pleasing. I adore Vachon brands, and this is just another awesome cake product.The price for this quality product is very budget friendly. Easy handling as each cake is pre wrapped for convenience. Love Vachon !!