Vachon 1/2 Moon Vanilla Reviews

Spongy white cakes filled with melt-in-your-mouth pastry creme, a favourite for fans of vanilla.

Gâteau spongieux garni de crème pâtissière qui fond dans la bouche, au grand bonheur des amateurs de vanille.

February 08, 2018

A classic cake

We always have these cakes in our home. They make a great snack with and the kids really enjoy them after school.
    They have a good sweet taste in a wonderful soft cake . We use them
    For treats after a long day and the kids use them
    For occasional treats in their lunch

January 31, 2018

Not bad. I'm not a big fan of sugary, artificial, store bought desserts but I don't mind these for a once in a while treat. Soft and the icing is so smooth!

Good, but...

I like these cakes, but I do find them to be a little bit on the dryer side. That being said the creme filling is tasty and has a good flavour to it. The cake is good and has a good flavour as well, but it is just a really dry texture which is why I am not a HUGE fan of these.

January 31, 2018

Bets part of this cake is definitely the vanilla icing in the middle ! not too sweet , made to perfection . Because it is 1/2 it's perfect size for dessert in a lunch box , perfect treat without feeling guilty . Love the vanilla cake , definitely compliments the cream well.

June 18, 2017

I grew up eating these

Vachon 1/2 moon cakes are a nice treat . I grew up always having these around . There's a discount vachon store about 5 mins from my place and my mom took full advantage of it . She liked that stuff more than us kids did lol it's a half moon shaped vanilla cake with a whipped cream type product in the middle . The cakes are always moist and the sugary whipped cream helps with that too . They usually go on sale for $2.50 and can be found at Walmart or grocery stores.

June 15, 2017

How Can You Go Wrong With Cake and Cream?!

I am a huge fan of 1/2 Moon Cakes. Every Christmas I ask for these to be put in my stocking. The vanilla cake is soft and fresh. It tastes like a freshly baked cake that has been baked to perfection. The cream inside is rich and sweet. I love the way the mild vanilla cake flavor is brought out by the sweet and decadent flavor of the frosting inside. The cake is easy to eat and very soft. These can often be found on sale.

Updated On: October 04, 2017

I just ate a 1/2 moon today and wanted to give a description of what I thought because it never hurts to get more details:
    The 1/2 moons are made with 2 pieces of light vanilla cake that sandwich a sweet icing. The vanilla cake is almost like a mix of a sponge cake and sheet cake. It is soft and light. There is a nice vanilla flavor. The icing is sweet which I like because it compliments the cake which does not have a lot of sweetness. The icing in between is my favorite part of the cake. These can be purchased at Walmart for $2 a pack. There are 6 individually wrapped cakes in each package.

2.3/5

June 14, 2017

Least Favorite of all the Vachon cakes

This is probably my least favorite of all the Vachon Snack cakes because there so plain ! Just two dry vanilla cakes with a mundane vanilla cream inbetween, the cream is sweet and light which I like I just wish there was something more ! If you like plain vanilla this is deffently the snack for you but be warned they are very dry.

June 14, 2017
    New York, United States

Delicious Dessert!

These are my favorite Vachon snacks. They consist of two vanilla cake pieces, which are brought together by vanilla cream. The cake is soft and moist, while the cream is sweet, rich, and creamy. Nothing beats biting into the vanilla cake and reaching the creaming icing centre. I don't know what kind of icing they use for these cakes, but I could eat it by the spoonful. It is not heavy like frosting from a can but not as light as whipping cream.

2.3/5

May 16, 2016

i tried to like these as they look sooo tasty ..how ever i do not care for them ... it left a bad after taste ad is way way to sweet for me...it tastes very artificail ..nope not for me

May 16, 2016

Easy snack for school lunches. Great value and kids love it. Nice treat after kids finish dinner. Vanilla or chocolate snack cakes. Wish they could be a little less crumbley