Vicks Vapour Rub Reviews

Ranked #20 out of 559 in Remedies

July 12, 2017

This stuff is the only thing that gets me through a cold!

Vicks vapour rub has literally been a staple in my medicine cabinet since i was a child. It is the only thing that will decongest my nose when I sleep. I literally put it on my nose at bedtime and it instantly clears up my airway! Even with the most stubborn colds vicks always helps! I also rub it on my shoulders and sore areas on my body and it relieves the pain, acting almost like those hot/cold sprays you can find for muscle pain. This stuff is truly amazing. Everyone needs it in their home

April 04, 2017

Vicks Vapour Rub is a cult classic for the winter months when your sick, I was raised on having my parents apply this to my chest when I was really sick. Now as an adult, I still swear by the benefits.

The rub itself is oily, be-careful to not get it on clothing as it does not come out easily. It has a strong menthol smell which I find okay, and part of why it is effective in loosening up and clearing congestion is due to this.

I use vicks for a number of ailments, when I am sick I apply to my chest, back and my feet, or when I am really stuffed up, I take a hot shower and put some Vick in a cloth in the bottom and let the hot water run over it, it instantly releases menthol vapor which helps clear my nose. When I have a migraine I apply to my temples and If I have a kink in my back, I apply it to the area and it heats up and gently loosens the muscle.

Vicks is a must have in my house!

February 06, 2017

This is a classic cold remedy that my mom used to put on my chest and back whenever I was congested and I still use it. I always have a tub in the cupboard to help get some relief when I am sick and plan to continue using it when I have kids!

January 15, 2017

We always have this around during cold season. It is the only thing that helps my husband sleep at night when he's congested. I have also recently started rubbing it on my temples and neck when I start to get a headache and it seems to help!

January 04, 2017

Love how this product smells awesome and makes us all feel better. For the kiddies, we put it on their feet and under socks. For the adults, we love to use it with the beginning of a cold. It helps improve breathing, air flow and overall wellness.

May 27, 2016

Vicks vapour rub is my go to product when my family is feeling a bit under the weather; be it stuffy noses, congestion, colds, icky-sick feeling, nausea or rough feet. I rub this on the back and chest to relieve congestion and soothe the sick. In a bowl of hot water I put a bit of vicks and cover my head with a towel to relieve any stuffy nose. At night I rub some vicks on my feet and cover with socks; in the morning I wake up to baby soft feet. this stuff is amazing. The smell is soothing and helps to relax my family especially when they're sick and fussy.

April 21, 2016

I use this every time I am sick and it helps me sleep while helping me breathe better. I've been using this for years and it is my go-to when I have a cold.

April 21, 2016

This is the best when sick and feeling congested. I've never had a problem with my skin with the rub, but I have heard some people have. It Also wears off a little faster than I'd like, but still worth reapplying.

April 07, 2016

Never used this product before, but had read it can be used for multiple skin and nail problems. Have only been using for a couple of days and already see a marked difference in my skin. It soaks into the skin well and the relief lasts for hours. Will defiantly try this for its other multi purpose uses!!

February 19, 2016

It's been years since I've used the vapor rub but it was a key staple in our household growing up. I've managed to catch a bad cold and decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed was that the jar is a lot smaller than what I remember. Maybe it was just the size available at the time? But it's a 50g jar.

Upon first sniff, it seems different....not as strong. I've been lathering my chest and shoulders in it. The product absorbs well enough, doesn't remain greasy, and leaves a cool sensation.

I'm not wild about this product. I'll use up what I have but I won't be buying it in the future.