• Avon Brilliant Moisture Lipcolor

1 review
Ranked #399 out of 783 in Lip Gloss

2.7/5

June 13, 2015

I actually have not bought from Avon in quite some time, but I spied some unopened products at a rummage sale for 25 cents each, so I figured I'd give them a try. Also, as a small side note, I'm giving a 3-star rating on price because I can't seem to find this product on Avon.com, and also because I know I did not pay normal price for them. It does seem to be available on eBay for anyone who's interested.

Two of my choices were the Brilliant Moisture Lipcolor in the shades Satin and Ruby Slipper. I was expecting these to be lipstick, but they sort of tread the line between lipstick and lipgloss. I couldn't see the color swatch for Ruby Slipper on the bottom of the container, so I just sort of gambled on that one.

My biggest issue with these is the odor. They smell exactly like nail polish and they taste kind of bitter. No, I didn't go out of my way to eat them, but being lip products, some is bound to wind up in your mouth. As far as the colors, Satin looked like sort of a tan-rose shade from the swatch and, when applied, is a light shimmery tan color. Ruby Slipper is a reddish-pink color. This one was disappointing; when I think of ruby slippers, I think of a bold, primary red, not red-pink. I didn't leave them on long enough to see how long they lasted.

But as far as upsides, they come in a convenient travel-sized container and have what I think is called a "doe-hoof" shape. They're thinner than your typical lipstick and can be applied more accurately, and they do go on smoothly (though that might be because mine were in my purse for several hours in summer heat and were, consequently, slightly melted).

Part of the reason I'm giving a bad review is because these did not meet my expectations, but other people might find them more appealing. But I just cannot get over the smell. It's not as potent as nail polish, but it's enough to notice. I would personally never buy these at normal price.

Pammywhammy845 has posted in the forum topic
    CHESTER BENNINGTON

Imacoolmom added a new review for
    Gerber Arrowroot Cookies

Imacoolmom earned the Mom & Baby Guru badge

Pammywhammy845 has posted in the forum topic
    Big Brother US (plus spoilers)

tracy1963 has posted in the forum topic