4.1/5
Prestige Item
Clarins Water Lip Stain Reviews

A formula rich in active plant ingredients, an ultra-sensory lip tint and all of Clarins’ expertise in color, concentrated in new-generation lip make-up: customizable and long-wearing color, for a kiss-proof matte finish and a barely-there feel. Lips look natural, seemingly tattooed with color like an ink.

Une formule gorgée d’actifs végétaux, une texture eau ultra-sensorielle et toute l’expertise couleur Clarins concentrées dans une nouvelle génération de maquillage pour les lèvres : résultat couleur modulable et haute tenue, pour un fini mat kiss-proof et sans effet matière. Comme avec une encre à lèvres, votre bouche est visiblement nue, tatouée par la couleur.

Shades / Teintes :
  • 07 - Sparkling Violet Water
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

August 19, 2019

Converted!

Thank you Cinq a Sept...I gave up on stains because I always found they dried my lips and unless i followed up with Lipsyl or Vaseline my lips were effectively chapped and burning by the end of the day. This product was luxurious going on...but i was skeptical...i kept my Vaseline nearby in case i needed to reach for it. However, pleasantly surprised. The colour was nice after work i had my own "Cinq a Sept" (wink wink) and even though i really didn't need to i reapplied and got a nice oomph to my colour for the evening! It's pretty expensive so i'll see how long it lasts but if I only need to apply once a day, and it not sticky or drying it may be worth it to have in my purse!

August 18, 2019

Great lip stain for dark skin tones!

I love this lip stain! The colour very saturated and does not dry my lips. I've worn it alone and with a gloss, and I've gotten so many compliments. I tried 01 Rose, which has a deep pink tone and loved it so much I got 03 Red a few days later. Unlike all the other lip stains I've tried either did not deposit enough colour or made my lips dry. None of that here! Clarins has made the prefect lip stain!!!!!

Long lasting colour

This was my first experience with lip tint ever - and I loved it! Great smell and taste, long lasting colour and natural look. I just found it a little messy in the beginning (I think I wasn't expecting it to be totally liquid), but I guess that's what lip tints are. I would definitely buy it.

New Favourite

OMG! I was so excited about this product in my goodie bag, I tried it on right away. It's such a beautiful stain. My favourite way to apply this stain is just a little on the inside of my lips and smack my lips together to get a faded look. I do a couple coats and then use my finger to blend out harsh lines. I love this look, very light, natural looking.

Rose Lip Stain - My New Bestie

It’s comes in a small glass container like a lip gloss. When I opened it the consistency of the lip stain was very liquid like. I applied it carefully on my lips and it was a wet feeling to it. I didn’t like it immediately but after a few minutes it began to dry completely. I reapplied where the colour was not enough for me. When it dried my lips didn’t feel over dried or stiff. The lip stain lasted all day long to my surprise. My lips didn’t dry out but felt moist all day long. I was happy with the colour and longevity of the product.

August 17, 2019

I absolutely recommend this product

I got this at Cinq à Sept. This product is amazing! The moment I put it on I was so happy. The color was great and i loved how long it lasted. This is a great product that i would definately recommend.#chick advisor rules#

1.8/5

Meh

For the price I’d rather get a tube of lip stick than a stain. Or if it was a roll on. The stain goes on with a brush (nail polish) very hard to control the stain. For me it just looks like I ate a red popsicle. It did last most of the day. Not for me.

Long lasting lip stain

This product is a money saver due to its effectiveness. It stays longer and no more touch up needed. Taste like you ate a nice candy. Would consider buying it again because the product is plant based.

Really cool lip stain!

I am so happy I got to try this product because it really stays on my lips all day long. It’s really cool because it just absorbs into the lips and so I don’t need to reapply it throughout the day! it’s so vibrant and it looks amazing all day long!!

What a cool concept!

This product is much better than I thought it would be. Although the colour I had was not my favourite, it really lived up to the name. It applies so smooth, and after a few seconds the "water" wipes off and leaves the colour stain on your skin. It is light, fresh but pigmented enough to last for hours. Great for the summer.