Desitin Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Cream Reviews

May 04, 2021

Does work but is hard to get off the skin

This product does work but I find it leaves a residue on the skin that is water resistant and really hard to get off especially in all the crevices when you have a boy!

1.7/5

April 14, 2021
    Michigan, United States

I will never use it again.

I used this on my first child with no problem. It worked well for him. Three years later, I bought another tube when my daughter was born. It was like it ate the skin off of her bottom. It was absolutely awful. That tube went straight in the trash and I haven't bought any since. I didn't even bother trying it for my 3rd baby. I wasn't going to take the chance.

January 22, 2021
    Massachusetts, United States

Great preventative

I think it works great as a preventative for diaper rash but I don’t think it helps heal an active rash. It’s good to use if you child has been having more wet diapers and you think a rash may be coming soon.

November 26, 2020

Best diaper cream

I really like this stuff it works very very well, the only down fall is that it doesn’t wash off very good and stays on after multiple wipes and baths

November 26, 2020

Life saver

This is a wonderful diaper rash cream. It has the highest strength of zinc on the market. One of my kids was just prone to rashes to the point her skin was raw and cracked. A couple days of this and it's gone. Before we used Desitin we went weeks with rashes and nothing would help and my baby would scream bloody murder every change and bath. Tip from a pediatrician, if the rash is bad, dab it on rather than rubbing it in. You don't want to cause more friction on the already sensitive area. And when you are wiping, just wipe the dirty latyer of cream off. No need to rub the rest off, just dab another thick layer on top of it.

October 26, 2020

Diaper Cream

The only diaper cream which helped my baby's bum rash free. We tried a lot and this one is effective on him. We use the small tube when we go out and about the big tub at home. It last longer. I love how it protects my baby's diaper area.

October 24, 2020

I won't even consider other brands

I have tried petroleum jelly and Penaten as a diaper rash cream but they don't get rid of the rashes. It doesn't matter what brand of diapers I use just as long as I use Desitin, baby is rash free.

October 20, 2020
    Indiana, United States

Saved my life!!

When my son was smaller are had just a started daycare he got a very bad diaper rash. So bad he would scream at the touch of anything new the sore area. Absolutely nothing worked, until our visit to the hospital. The nurse recommended this amazing cream, my sons rash cleared up within 2-3 uses. Out of all the diaper rash creams and ointments I tried this hands down was the best!

3.2/5

September 06, 2020
    Iowa, United States

Not good product

I tried Desitin with my daughter however I did not feel this helped the diaper rash. It was suppose to work quickly and clear up, however it was a thicker paste and did not work that well. Will not recommend it to anyone I know.

July 12, 2020

Keeps rash at bay.

I have used this now a few times to tackle a getting worse diaper rash and have seen improvement! I also use this at night for her long stretch of sleep to prevent her skin getting a rash! So far it has done what it should and no complaints!