4.1/5
essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder Reviews
Ranked #11 in Powder

July 23, 2017

Lines be gone!

I have a very oily T-zone and dry cheeks, makes for a very difficult makeup routine. I picked this one up from ULTA hoping this one will finally be the one that will give me that ungross oily face, after trying many brands and products. First of, this is translucent so don't be intimidated with the shade because, no, it won't make you look as white as a ghost. Trust me, I have a medium/olive skin tone. I use this powder after I have put on my primer, foundation, concealer and contouring, all in that order. I find that doing it that way helps seal everything that I put on my face very well. It also helps make my make up last longer. Another issue of mine is that I wear eyeglasses, and with the summer season, I wear sunglasses as well. I know I'm not alone in this when I say that there's always seems to be a line on my nose and cheeks where my eyeglasses sit, which sucks. But after using this, it actually stopped it completely from leaving any marks. I don't know if its the reason for sure but if you're suffering from that issue, it's definitely worth a try!

3.2/5

May 31, 2017

I was surprised that a lot of people liked and recommended this. While the value is great, unfortunately, this powder did not sit well on my skin. It left a white film over my makeup and did not look appealing at all. I do have combo/sensitive skin so it's possible that it works with different skin types, but it did not work well for me at all. There are plenty of other great powders in the drugstore, I would pass on this one and spend a few extra dollars!

April 25, 2017

J'ai acheté ce produit il y a quelques semaines. C'est mon premier essai avec une poudre mattifiante; j'ai toujours été sceptique par rapport à l'efficacité des poudres, surtout sur une peau sèche.

Je l'utilise uniquement pour fixer mon cache-cerne qui est assez crémeux. J'adore l'effet ! Inutile d'en mettre beaucoup et je n'ai jamais eu de fini blanc sur ma peau. Je le recommande fortement à celles qui doivent respecter un budget. Je ne vois pas l'utilité d'acheter une poudre ultra cher alors que celle-ci se vend pour quelques dollars. Je rachèterai ce produit à coup sûr.

April 22, 2017

I LOVE this powder! It's such a good price, and such high quality. It's like a translucent loose powder; but in a pressed form, and thankfully, it works just as well, if not better! I hate how messy loose powders are. This one is so nice! It works well to set my oily spots on my face. 10 out of 10, definitely recommend!

April 13, 2017

I have combo/ oily skin and use this powder everyday to set my foundation - it definitely helps control my oil and sets my make up perfectly, no colour to it which is great, also super affordable! I always keep a few as back ups!

March 02, 2017

Super creamy and perfect for setting your face or for baking. Sets under eye concealer like a dream and gives a flawless finish. Does what the title says

February 16, 2017

Cette poudre est excellente pour le prix, elle lisse vraiment bien le teint. Seul petit bémol, elle ne tient pas toute la journée, mais elle tient au moins 7 à 8 heures selon les activités pratiquées dans la journée. Je recommande tout de même ce produit!

October 08, 2016

This is so inexpensive it's a must have in your collection. I use this every morning to take away the shine on my forehead and nose. It doesn't leave any white residue and lasts for a very long time. It's not a high end product so expect some touch ups during the day.

October 04, 2016

this essence matt fixing powder is so smooth and silky. it gives a natural finish to the skin and it does not add any coverage. it have oily skin and it keeps me matte for about 4 hours which is amazing. it is also so affordable so i highly recommand

2.7/5

July 29, 2016

This product may work for others, but it didn't work for me. I was hoping that it would help set my face. All my life I've had normal/combo skin but this summer I've developed oily skin, and my foundation keeps sliding off my face throughout the day. I hoped that this would help, but it hasn't. As for the "white-cast" I've heard about, I haven't had any problems with that. It goes on my skin transparent. However, this product hasn't helped my makeup stay on throughout the day so I'm undecided on if I will buy it in the future.