3.9/5
Good & Simple Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins Reviews

Made with real pieces of fruit, nuts and whole grains, Good & Simple fresh tasting baked goods are individually wrapped making them a perfect choice for those on-the-go and away from home.

*Available in the in-store bakery at Metro and Freshco grocery stores. For more information, please visit Good & Simple's Facebook page.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2017

August 10, 2017

I would continue to buy this product

I loved the fact that these muffins come individually wrapped not only for freshness but great for lunches. They were very fresh & tasty as well as healthy at the same time which was a bonus.

2.7/5

August 10, 2017

Too sweet and slightly odd preserved taste

I was looking forward to trying the Good & Simple Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffins - I liked that it had real chocolate chips and oatmeal in them and no artificial flavors or colors. However, a few days ago, I grab one of the muffins for breakfast at work in the morning and with the first bite, I noticed that the muffins were way too sweet. And then half way through eating the muffin, there was a very odd preserved taste with the muffins, which turned me off them. I was really looking forward to trying them, but unfortunately, don't think I can recommend them to friends or family.

Easy to Eat

The muffin was easy to eat as it was soft and chewy. The muffin less the chocolate chips didn't have much flavour. It basically tasted like any plain flour bread product. It would have been nice to have cinnamon or a nutmeg hint in the batter. It could have a few more oats inside and around the muffin.
    Like the packaging with the open window to see the muffins.

Taste good and healthy

It is perfect for breakfast! Very fulfilling but easy to carry around. It tastes good but nothing to feel guilty about because it is healthy and nutritious

Great for on the go!

I really enjoyed these chocolate chip oatmeal muffins, they tasted great without being too sweet and were pretty filling.
    Also, since they're individually wrapped, they were super convenient to grab in the morning and saved me the cost of buying a muffin with my a.m. coffee!

Yummy awesomeness

Those are now my favourite! Children really enjoy them too, making it a perfect lunch snack or non-guilty treat for any occasion (sometimes even just another day is an occasion to treat yourself, why not? You deserve it ;)!)

August 10, 2017

Already on the second box!

I don't usually purchase store bought muffins because I find once you open them they go stale quickly. I was pleasantly surprised that each muffin was individually wrapped which keeps them fresh and makes grabbing on the go easy. The taste was amazing they were moist and not to sweet. Everyone in our family loved them especially our super picky son. I still prefer making my own muffins but these will definitely have a place in our snack cupboard. My only problem was finding the item. Both Metro stores near me as well as the FreshCo did not carry them and the bakery staff looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about them. I did find them finally at a Metro store further away and was surprised to find them displayed in the wall near the bagels and English muffins. I thought they would be on an end cap or with the rest of the muffins. I am glad I found them though. I sent my husband back to get a second box once we tried them.

August 09, 2017

I would not recommend this product

I would not recommend this product, i found them too sweet to be honest. I expected them not to be as sweet. i think that it is good if you want a sweet treat

August 09, 2017

Simple ingredient list and great taste!

I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review through Chick Advisor's Product Review Club. These muffins were $4.99 at my local Metro store. My first impression of the package is that the ingredient list is short and has only a few ingredients. I loved how these are individually packaged so I do not need to transport them to a plastic baggie to bring to work.
    The flavour was amazing! They were nice and moist and had lots of chocolate chips. I could see myself bringing these to work with me. I would definitely recommend to a friend who does not have time to bake at home.

Great snack for on the go, and kids loved them

Great snack for on the go, and kids loved them

These boxes of individually-wrapped muffins (4 in each pack) are really good for traveling! The only drawbacks are that they get smooshed easily, are not as eco-friendly as they could be with the thin plastic wrap, and the muffins themselves are quite crumbly and can make a mess (especially for little kids).

I really liked that the ingredient list is quite basic, though I'd have preferred that palm oil (second last on the list) was replaced with a different, less eco-unfriendly ingredient.

The muffins don't taste super sweet, which I love! The two flavors I chose, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal and Fruit & Fiber, have 18 g and 17 g of sugar per 85 g muffin, so that works out to approximately each muffin being 21% and 20% sugar. I'm guessing it's also partly because they're quite fluffy, and ingredients like rolled oats and bran, respectively, help to offset the sweetness. Also a plus: the sugar content is present in the form of actual sugar and brown sugar, and not something like high-fructose corn syrup.

The Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffins contain 3 g of fiber per muffin, which is not bad. The fat content is 13 g, and it contains 15% of the RDA for calcium. (Overall, the Fruit & Fiber flavor is more healthful, and to be honest, my kids liked both, so I'd go for the Fruit & Fiber every time over the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal.) The texture was soft and fluffy, and while they pretty much do taste like a health-food version of a chocolate thing, they're really pretty good. My kids (1 and 3) loved these—though they're pretty much into anything carb-y! They do make a huge mess eating these crumbly muffins, though.

At CA$4.99 for a box of four muffins, these aren't the cheapest snacks, so I would probably only buy them (more likely in the Fruit & Fiber flavor, as I mentioned above) as a travel treat now and then, if they're on sale. They're a nice option to have in the grocery, though, and I'd be interested in trying the bars, too. I just didn't see any in my store at the time.

(I received two boxes free via ChickAdvisor.)