Good

Grimm's gluten free rice tortillas Reviews

1 review
Ranked #191 out of 196 in Gluten-free

Taste

September 16, 2013

For anyone that has to eat gluten-free, you know how hard it can be to find really good gluten free versions of your old favourites. Well I found an awesome gluten free tortilla made by Grimm's fine foods. We already buy and enjoy a lot of their gluten free meat products and I just recently discovered the tortillas. In the past we have tried different varietys of brown rice/teff flour or corn tortillas. The texture is just too tough and chewy. They are quite costly for something that we don't really like. Sometimes you really want a burrito or a wrap so we make do. The Grimms tortillas look like a regular wheat flour tortilla in size and colour. The package cost 5.99 for 6 tortillas, on the expensive side but they are so good I don't mind paying the price. I made cheese and chicken quesadillas on one occasion and I could barely tell the difference from a regular tortilla. On another night, I heated the tortillas in the oven to soften them up (as per package instructions) and used them to make wraps. They softened up nicely and they were easy to wrap up around the sandwich filling without tearing. The texture and flavour were pretty close to a wheat flour tortilla. Other gluten free tortillas tend to be too tough, dry and chewy, and are difficult to wrap without tearing. I'm so glad I found these!

alex099 has started a new forum topic
    Paranormal experience

tarynd earned the Food & Drink Expert badge

lamurap has posted in the forum topic
    Favorite Nail Shape & Length

Mfornalik has posted in the forum topic
    Anxiety