Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Powder

Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Powder Reviews

Ranked #235 out of 387 in Powder

June 19, 2017

One powder foundation to rule them all!

I was a skeptic when I first bought this foundation. I had just had my first facial and she finished it off with the Jane Iredale pressed powder in Amber. I looked amazing, but I had a feeling it was the clean face underneath the makeup that was doing the magic. But nevertheless, I was on the hunt for SPF and was told this had a low SPF... Why not try it then?
    I am so pleased with this product. I swear it must be made with unicorn tears. It is incredible. I am usually a Rimmel Stay Matte gal, since I use powder solely to look less shiny. I had never tried a powder foundation before because I thought I would get cake face. I am not sure how, but this powder foundation somehow mattifies my oily bits (T-zone, anyone?) but also adds a nice glow to my cheeks (does not leave them looking dull or remotely cakey). I am not sure I will continue to use this in the winter. I think it is doing so well because I am a little more oily combo in the summer months, but that being said I will give it a shot. I believe I may have found my summer holy grail foundation.

April 01, 2017

This is the best mineral foundation I have ever used. I have tried a few other brands, cheaper and equal cost but none were right for me. I find that it covers very well using very little and most importantly, it does not cause me to break out and has drastically reduced the oil on my face. Although it is pricey, my skin has improved soo much since I made the plunge to buy this one day that I am hooked.

November 28, 2016

I love the coverage Jane Iredale gives me! My skin doesn't break out and it lasts all day long.
    Best make up I have ever tried and I will never switch again!

November 24, 2015

I love this product. I first used it on my wedding day 3 years ago and have been hooked ever since. Even in the heat and sun on my wedding day it lasted from the morning into the night. I find with daily application a powder lasts me around 6 months. Although it is more expensive than your drug store brands the amount you get from it brings the average yearly cost down. in combination with other Jane iredale products this powder has excellent coverage. I find that it covers up those breakouts better than other products I've tried. My absolute favourite thing about this product is how light it feels on your face and how natural it looks, there is no Cakey makeup feel/look. I will continue to use this product and have already referred it to multiple friends. The case that this comes in is also great and makes it super easy to throw in your purse. The one downfall would be that the sponge that comes with it tears easily and never outlives the makeup.

June 09, 2015

Skin type: sensitive, normal/dry, occasional breakouts

I've been using this foundation for the past three years and love it. I have hyper pigmentation left from breakouts, bug bites, etc. and use the flocked sponge to press the product into my skin in order to get more coverage. Even with more coverage this foundation never feels heavy. If you need less coverage, then apply with a brush. Once I've finished applying, I spritz my face with Mac Fix+ to soften the overall look and to add a bit of glow. This step isn't necessary as the product blends into the skin once it settles but it's part of my routine. My skin gets very dry during the winter and this doesn't make my face look flakey at all.

April 10, 2015

Didn't think i'd ever be able to love a non liquid -mineral foundation but I do!
    It takes a while to get used to but it's worth it because it doesn't cause breakouts!!
    if your skin tends to be on the dryer side, apply a moisturizer before using the foundation
    and it will apply much easier!

If you have problematic skin then give this a try! it may be a little pricey but worth every penny!

January 26, 2015

Jane Iredale is the perfect solution to my Rosacea problems. Great coverage- so good in fact that when I go 'au naturel' friends and family ask if I have a sunburn. Doesn't irritate my super-sensitive skin, either! Have been using for more than five years now.

November 27, 2014

This is the first foundation that gives me great looking skin and doesn't cause a break out ever. It's also the only foundation that makes me look like I have alabaster skin (perfect colour). I have the handi brush which I find can waste some of the product so I use the sponge applicator. Love it!

May 19, 2014

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder (mostly love!). I use it as my every day foundation. It gives a light-medium coverage and has spf 20, which is a must for me because I have fair skin and burn easily. It looks pretty natural and gives a nice semi-matte finish, and lasts for quite a few hours (I have oily skin). I love that is has minimal ingredients (talc-free, paraben-free, etc.). I think the price of this powder is exorbitant, however, and you are definitely paying for the Jane Iredale name (which is annoying). I really wish I could find a cheaper alternative for this, but so far I can't, so I continue to buy it.

March 24, 2014

My favourite powder. It lasts forever...you can use it lightly or more heavily on blemishes. Use with a nice make-up brush to get a better finish. I am a neutral ivory in most foundations, I ordered ivory and it matched perfectly.

Luzy earned the Beauty Guru badge