• Kinnikinnick’s Gluten Free Bagels

1 review
Ranked #190 out of 196 in Gluten-free

Taste

August 27, 2013

I am and have always been a little scared you could say, to try a product that is known as “healthy”, as I know that certain things have to be removed and added to specialty foods! During my transition to Gluten Free foods, I have taken it upon myself to advise people of the foods that I have tried and liked that are GF, as well have the same taste as foods containing gluten, as I am very fussy when it comes to taste and textures of food and don’t find that there are many accurate search options for gluten free reviews out there! This being said, I am very happy to share my thoughts with you on Kinnikinnick’s gluten free bagels :)

Now we live in a small area and unfortunately don’t have a very big selection when it comes to foods that I am actually allowed to eat, so I was beyond happy to come across these delicious looking bagels made by Kinnikinnick foods, which look and smell exactly the same as a regular bagel!

The smell that permeated the house while toasting my Blueberry bagel was as if I had walked into a bakery and that was just from it being in the toaster!!! I love that they have the exact same texture as a bagel too, no crumbly/grainy taste as some Gluten Free food have! I also like the fact that they are only 36-40 Carbs, which makes a perfect Breakfast item for me as it has enough starch in it to keep my sugar from going low (from being a Diabetic) as well as being filling! There were many blueberries through out the bagel as well as that purplish hue that blueberries give, making it seem like eating a donut almost, Lol!

Now if you’re like me, you Love raisin bread! So the other delicious bagel I was fortunate enough to find was the Cinnamon/Raisin flavor. These are absolutely scrumptious. They have nice plump raisins throughout the bagel as well as a subtle hint of cinnamon, perfect for me as some breads tend to over do it! Just like the blueberry flavor, the cinnamon/raisin ones have that same chewy-ness without the grainy texture to them.

As someone just starting out and getting used to the taste of Gluten Free foods, this is definitely a product that I recommend buying. I won’t lie, they are a little expensive, just as every other GF food I’ve seen, but this is one product that is well worth the money and I for one will continue to buy bagels from Kinnikinnick foods, knowing that I’m getting the quality I’m looking for in a NEW food :)

A & W Rootbeer