L'oreal Paris Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara Reviews
#177 in Mascara

3.2/5

July 24, 2019

Not a fan of this type...

I love Loreal mascaras. I've tried some other brands but they either make my eyes itchy, run out too fast, look clumpy, or don't do much of anything. I discovered Voluminous Million Lashes (for every day) and Fiber Lashes (for extra oomph) a few years ago and haven't bought anything else since.

Recently, I read reviews about Voluminous Carbon Black and decided to give it a try as I am hoping to find one that gives a little more volume as compared to all the lash extensions around nowdays, I am feeling like mine look sparse.

I'm not sure if it's just my type of lashes, but I was disappointed after reading reviews that called it a "holy grail". I have pretty long lashes already but not a lot of them and they are very fine and annoyingly straight. The Carbon mascara also seemed to flatten out the curl which is the opposite of what I wanted and it did not work even after using a curler. So I am thinking that if you have thin, fine lashes, this may not be the best choice.

It also smudged almost immediately each time I tried it and I ended up with flaky raccoon eyes. I do have allergies though so am prone to watery eyes. But even with non-waterproof Million Lashes, I rarely ever get smudges.

I actually just tossed it which is rare for me. :(

February 11, 2019

A great drugstore buy!

This mascara is super buildable and all around a great product compared to what other higher end mascaras go for. The wand is sleek and makes applying easy. Definitely a good buy!

February 05, 2019

Best Mascara Ever

This is the OG of all mascaras. I have tried a lot of brands over the years and always come back to this one. The brush is fantastic and is the best for delivering a lot of product without clumping. The only thing that comes close is BetterThanSex by Too Faced, but that one even falls short because it seems to dry out extremely fast, isn't available in the local pharmacies, and costs more. The only thing better than Voluminous carbon black mascara is Voluminous carbon black mascara used after Voluminous Primer mascara!

2.8/5

January 22, 2019

Love the Brand, Dislike this type

I have been using the Volumious Mascara for a couple years now and I have always loved it! It was light, easy to remove, no clumps!
    I decided to try the waterproof carbon black type this time!
    Worst mistake I made!
    This mascara is impossible to remove without basically pushing your eye out! It is so heavy and clumps on thick!
    I will never buy this mascara again.

March 16, 2018

Very affordable

This is my go to mascara.Thick applicator but never flaky.Soft bristles.Long wearing.Very dark black.Great for sensitive eyes.Easy to apply and easy to wash off.Very affordable at an average of $6.00.

March 12, 2018

It’s a very very nice mascara gives a really nice volume

The product is very nice gives nice volume to eyelashes it defines your eyelashes
    And if you wear it it look like you have full makeup on you can get it from any drugstore like shoppers drug mart and more

February 19, 2018

LE mascara qu’il te faut!

Mon mascara préféré! Il est vraiment top! Après l’essai de PLUSIEURS mascaras de très bonne qualité (pupa, lancôme, marcelle, lise watier,etc) j’ai trouvé ce merveilleux mascara qui allonge beaucoup. Je vous le recommande!

February 18, 2018

This mascara is the bomb

Holy... this mascara leaves me speechless. It is perfection in a tube. It really doesn’t get any better than this. If you haven’t tried this mascara yet, I really don’t know what you’re waiting for

January 23, 2018

Would recommend to someone with already long eyelashes

This product has looked nice on everyone I’ve seen that has natural long lashes, on my eyelashes it looks alright, but I’ve seen it worn flawlessly on others.

January 22, 2018

Love!!

Best mascara ever!! None of the expensive brands even compare and I have tried many and always come back to this brand! The mascara gives great length and thickness.