4.1/5
Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara Reviews
#40 in Mascara

Maybelline Garnier MASCARA Great Lash Waterproof, Very Black - 6 Pack

Good for sensitive eyes

I am always on the lookout for products that don't irritate, this is definitely a winner. I am not generally a water proof wearer, bit this didn't feel brittle and flakey like others often do.

Available almost anywhere

Weather shopping in my local grocery store or favourite drug store Maybelline lash mascara is always available and had been my go to for years. However, I do find it clumpy at time but continue to be a faithful user. Long lasting and I love the applicator and black is really black!!

October 16, 2017

My go to drug store mascara

Great for everyday! I have one in my gym bag to apply after working out - shower then some tinted moisturizer and this mascara - good to go! I've tried many of the expensive brands and this ranks up there with some of the best of them. Classic and perfect!

September 26, 2017

This is great

I used this mascara when my mom first let me wear masacara, and I still come back to it ever since. It stays on all day and is not clumby. The water proof isn’t the best, but for for the price i would totally recommend.

September 23, 2017

Classic go to! Cheap and good quality.

Have been using this product off and on for over 15 years. Always end up coming back to it! Good coverage, stays on all day, not too painful to remove at night. Low price point but good quality.

0.8/5

July 05, 2017

Hate this product

I thought this this product would be a hidden gem, especially because of the super cheap price. However this is not the case. It is super chunky, and drying, and does not last.

I ended up just throwing out the product because of how it make my lashes look and feel.

Spend the extra little bit and get something with a better formula.

2.2/5

July 05, 2017

Threw out after second use.

I used to use this years ago as it always stayed in place. I thought I'd give it a try again because it is so affordable. Well, I'm guessing they changed the formula because within a couple hours I had racoon eyes! I had to keep wiping under my eyes all day. Tried it a second time and the same thing, so this is definitely not a waterproof mascara that I would recommend.

June 23, 2017

Still a standard decades later.

I keep going to Sephora and trying all the $30+ mascaras and then I head back to the drugstore and grab a $6 tube of this. It's perfect. No clumps. Two coats make my lashes beautiful without that harsh black spiderlegs issue (bless a company that makes Brownish-black a thing for us fairskinned mascara lovers!) and it comes off with standard waterproof eyemakeup remover. It performs well and lasts all day/night until I take it off at bedtime. It doesn't flake or smudge and the tube never dries out. A perfect product. Never change.

2.3/5

June 08, 2017

I will be honest and say that this was not the most favourite mascara that I have tried. I really wasn't a big fan. The color was great, a nice and bold black like I want, and the price is unbeatable. But the results it gave me were not what I was looking for. I found it seperated my lashes to the point of being able to see large spaces in between, when I like my lashes to be full and fanned out. There is nothing wrong with the product itself, it just isn't the look I want.

June 08, 2017

Honestly, I have tried almost ever mascara out there, expensive ones to all the drugstore ones and I continue to come back to the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. I purchase the colour "blackest black" and it is amazing. There is no clumping, the wand is perfect and maintains its shape and at the price it can't be beat. I have been using this mascara for over 12 years.