• NIVEA Pure and Natural Soothing Day Care Cream
  • NIVEA Pure and Natural Soothing Day Care Cream

NIVEA Pure and Natural Soothing Day Care Cream Reviews

Ranked #781 out of 1364 in Facial Lotions & Creams

April 05, 2017

I have noticed Nivea changed packaging since the last time I used any of these creams. Face creams used to come in glass jars, while now the packaging is plastic. I liked the previous one better, but this one is lighter and more travel friendly. What I do like is that it still comes sealed. I just hate to get unsealed products, and I don’t think I need to go into details why.

The cream does come in a jar packaging, which I know some people don’t like, but I personally don’t have a problem with it.

Now, what really pops out is the ‘natural’ claim. Nivea claims that this cream is made with 95% naturally sourced ingredients, and enriched with Argan oil and Chamomile. It doesn’t contain parabens, silicones or mineral oils.

Although the ingredients’ names might look scary, I checked every single one on Paula’s choice, and most ingredients are good or very good. It’s hard to tell if they are all natural, since a lot of them can come either from natural or synthetic source, e.g. glycerin. I doubt they would make false claims, though.

The only ingredients I have a problem with are these:

Alcohol denat. = denatured alcohol – it is quite high in ingredients list, and can be drying for the skin. It makes no sense to have such an ingredient in a product tailored for dry and sensitive skin;
    Methylisothiazolinon – this is a preservative known to make skin sensitive, and again makes no sense to have it in this product. Although the amount is low, it is known to cause sensitivities even in low concentrations;
    Fragrance/Parfum – this is the last ingredient, meaning it has the lowest concentration in the cream, so I don’t consider it that bad, but I had to point out that it’s there.

Considering the ingredients list, I cannot recommend this product for sensitive skin. I don’t have skin sensitivities, so I can’t say would it cause any problems.

The cream has a perfect consistency for me, it’s not too thick to absorb too slowly, nor too light not to have effect on my skin. The fragrance I mentioned before is quite nice, reminiscent of other NIVEA products (not the classic blue line), but not too strong.

This cream has been a life savior for me. Combined with exfoliation, it kept my dry patches at bay for a while now. It moisturizes my skin just right. I have combination skin, and my T-zone is not getting oily from it, while it manages to keep my dry cheeks hydrated morning to evening. I have noticed a slight dryness when it’s time for my nightly routine, but way less than before I started using the cream.

April 29, 2015

Love how this helps my dry patches, really feeling soothing on my sensitive skin

June 14, 2014

I am not ashamed to say this: Princess Kate made me buy this. I sawe SOMEWHERE online that she had purchased it. I researched it and found out that it was good for sensitive skin as it had no parabens in it. I have skin sensitivities. I ran out and bought it and was really surprised when it didn't do any damage to my eyelid eczema. In fact, it seemed to calm it down. It made my skin feel smooth and there was no bumpy buildup of product on my face that can sometimes happen over time. I have been using this for three years now and am thrilled with the money I have saved. After using Estee Lauder Daywear, Kiehls cream and Clinique, I have found this to be the best thing for my sensitive skin. And my wallet.