Prestige Item
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser Reviews

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

March 19, 2019

Gentle, but effective

I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin, and I find it hard to get a face wash that doesn't upset it in one way or another, while still actually cleansing and removing makeup residue. This is that product.
    It doesn't irritate, cause breakouts, or strip all of the moisture from my skin. And it actually removes makeup!
    My only complaints are the price, and I don't love the scent (sort of antiseptic smelling?), but it's worth it.

February 25, 2019

Wife likes it

My wife uses this cleanser almost every day. it is simple and smells great, does its job without additional add ons. We as a family like philosophy brand in general and this product in particular.

February 14, 2019

Holy Grail Cleanser!

Though I switch it up regularly with my cleansers, I ALWAYS have this stuff on hand. It is a no fail product. Full face of make up? Takes it all off without a doubt!
    I use this for everything - including cleaning my make up brushes. Does wonders and I know I won't break out from it.
    The ONLY thing I will complain about is the smell... not a huge fan, but it won't stop me from being a repeat customer!

December 30, 2018

Great Cleanser

This product was actually given to me as a gift, but since I've used it I'm surprised with the quality of it. Because I have very sensitive skin, my skin gets dried out really quickly whenever I use any type of cleaners given if its foam or not but this didn't seem to dry it out as much. I'm very happy with the results.

November 19, 2018

Love

I love this cleanser. It imulsifies your makeup and leaves your skin clean and smooth. It doesnt strip away the moisture, and has a clean, delicate scent.

October 09, 2018

Really noticed the difference when I STOPPED using it

I always thought my skin was pretty "easy going" and can handle most products without negative effects but when i stopped using this cleanser (because I ran out) and started using one I had in the cupboard (because I might as well finish it) I almost instantly saw the difference. I even have it a grace period for my skin to adapt to the new product.

As soon as I stopped using the Philosophy cleanser, my skin broke out more and looked duller - even though I still went through my (extensive!) skin care routine every morning and evening.

The only con is it is pricy and doesn't last too long because it's used so often.

Needless to say, I gave up on the new cleanser and went back to Sephora for more Philosophy because life's too short for mediocre products 😅

September 28, 2018

My Favourite Cleanser

I absolutely love this cleanser! It's light and lathers nicely, removing all makeup & oil for a fresh finish. My skin feels clean and never dry afterwards.

September 25, 2018

Great for sensitive skin!

This product is really gentle and effective. There are 2 things that I don't like about the product - the smell and the price tag. Other than that, I love using it! I love that they have a travel size version too.

September 19, 2018

THE BEST CLEANSER EVER!!!

I absolutely love this product. It makes my face feel like a baby's after one use. My combination skin is perfected for the next few hours just after washing. Natural ingredients with the most pure, clean smell! A+++

September 17, 2018

The Only Cleanser I Use

I have tried so many different products to treat my adult acne and everything seemed to make it worse. I received this as a Christmas gift almost 3 years ago and after a week of regular use my blemishes were almost completely cleared! Including scaring from puberty. Now it's the only product I use.