4.1/5
Prestige Item
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser Reviews

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

December 16, 2017

WOW....this did not disappoint!!!

My sister just gave me this as a gift for me to try and I absolutely fell in love!! I normally don't try new cleansers due to my skin sensitivity but I was super happy I did try this one.

I splashed a little bit of water on my face and put a dime sized amount of cleanser in my hands. I gently massaged the cleanser on my face for about 35 seconds and rinsed off with warm water. My skin felt super soft and clean. I was shocked at how clean my face felt. No makeup left behind. It didn't make my skin feel tight or irritated at all.
    The smell is pretty pleasant and it lathers just enough to make you feel like you're actually cleaning your face!

September 20, 2017

Really good cleanser, worth the price

This is a low foaming thorough cleanser. It has a light smell and doesn't leave a residue of any type. It makes your skin feel firm and really soft. I apply it twice a day and its worth it.

September 20, 2017

Worth every expensive penny

I've used Purity made simple since my mom introduced it to me when I was 12. It removes makeup, cleanses and doesn't leave my skin dry. It took me through my teenage hormonal years and despite trying a billion other free samples of facial cleansers, I always come back to Purity.

August 27, 2017

The sample worked? Might buy.

So I received this product as a sample (Sephora I think?) Sample contained enough product for me to use it over the course of 3 days. Texture is nice, mildly exfoliating, works into a nice lather with water. A little goes a long way. Scent is pleasant and not overpowering. Not overly irritating to use around the eyes (I was hesitant). Leaves skin feeling tighter and clean. All of this being said, my experience was from a sample and I'm not sure if I would experience the same positive results if I bought the full thing. I am debating it though.

August 08, 2017

Good but nothing special

I received a fairly large sample of this product and have been using it for about a month now. My skin is probably breaking out a bit more than average. Did it's job but not my favorite product.

2.7/5

July 19, 2017

Ehhh I wouldn't go out of the way for this product

I tried Philosophies purity cleanser as a sample (can't remember if it was Playbox or IPSY?) anyways, i liked the consistency and how mild it was on the skin. I have very sensitive skin and was able to continue using it. It doesn't have much scent. I also didn't notice a huge difference in my skin after using it for about a month.

July 13, 2017

New favourite

Using this face wash right now. Takes off all my makeup, smell is nice and refreshing because it is so light. Makes my skin feel so soft! It is kind of expensive but it really does work on my skin.

June 26, 2017

I would buy this product again and again.

I use this cleanser everyday. The good thing about this cleanser is that you just need to squirt a little bit of solution onto your finger and it will be enough for your face. I have had my cleanser for almost 6 months and its not even half way. I dont really use makeup but its an excellent cleanser to take out daily build-up dirt. I have sensitive skin and this cleanser does not leave my skin with rashes or dry spots. I have used many other cleansers in the past and was always unhappy with the results. I am never going back to another cleanser ever again.

June 21, 2017

good cleanser

I am definitely a fan of this cleanser. Although it is advertised as one-step, I follow-up with another cleanser due to personal preference. I primarily use this cleanser as a first step to remove makeup, which works great. It does melt away my makeup and does not leave my skin dry. I like the way the cleanser smells, although the smell may not be for everyone. I like that the cleanser foams a bit, and a little goes a long way. I find myself gravitating towards this cleanser among my many makeup removers as it is gentle and effective. I would recommend this to my friends as an everyday cleanser and a makeup remover.

June 19, 2017

Good and inexpensive

I bought this last Black Friday at Sephora. 360ml for only $15!!!! Can't go wrong with that. This bottle basically lasted me just over half a year. Amazing! It's a good cleanser too. Doesn't strip my skin, yet cleans all the make-up off. I have another bottle to use now.