Proactiv Repairing Lotion Reviews

Ranked #374 out of 465 in Acne Treatment

Step three of our Proactiv® Solution daily essentials, this light, luxurious lotion contains 2.5% finely milled benzoyl peroxide to penetrate deep beneath the skin's surface to help stop acne at its source. Size: 2 oz

January 13, 2016

For years I used the Proactive Repairing Lotion in combination with their cleanser. The repairing lotion contains a high percentage of acne fighting medication and was very effective in conquering the pimples and blemishes. However you must use moisturizer in order to combat the severe dryness that comes with using this product every day. This lotion is very effective for moderate to severe acne. I no longer use it though but that is because my skin blemishes are now under control so I cant justify the cost anymore.

August 03, 2015

I found this lotion to be too strong for my skin, if I used it everyday it would start drying out my skin causing it to flake. It also bleached my pillowcase at night.

April 10, 2015

I found the repairing lotion to work well however it can be really drying. The less often you use it the better. I wouldn't suggest applying it all over your face unless you have breakouts everywhere. The one thing I didn't like about it was the bleaching effect it has on towels and linens. I ruined so many pillowcases and towels due to this. If you're going to use it make sure everything your face and hands come in contact with is white.

June 15, 2014

This is the only thing that will get rid of my problem stress zits I always seem to get right before a big event. Within a day, the pimple has dramatically reduced in size and redness! You need such a miniscule amount that the bottle lasts forever. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't always have this lotion for emergency breakouts!

March 25, 2014

Effective to put on overnight for breakouts

September 09, 2013

The price is quite steep for the overall effectiveness, almost as steep as the claims in their TV ads.

I bought the Proactive regime with great expectations. It actually did seem like it was working in the beginning. However all it seemed to do is dry out my skin which lead to more acne in the following weeks.

I visited my dermatologist and she recommended I use cetaphil. For less than the price of Proactive I now use cetaphil, which maintains your skins balance and works wonders.

I have been acne free for 6 months now!

1.5/5

September 09, 2013

Do not believe the commercials, it does not work! If anything my acne got worse while I was using it. I was told by constumer services that it was normal that your acne would increase at the beginning, but that it was going to clear up after a month. It didn't! I used it for 2 months and finally gave up. Waste of my money!

0.5/5

May 04, 2012

Extremely drying. The worst product I have even put on my face.

November 29, 2011

This is horrible.
    The repairing lotion has this awful smell,
    Smells like bleach and chemicals mixed together.
    This made my face so red i hated this.
    It dried out my face completely
    leaving it ashy and dried.
    I dont recommend this.

September 07, 2010

Probably my least favorite part of the 3-step program (even though I still really like the product). I feel like it's very easy to use too much and when you do, it can dry your skin out a lot. As long as you make sure to only use enough and not slather it on it's fine though.

LDries added a new review for
    Downy Unstoppables

chokri_1 added a new review for
    BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask

kelx has posted in the forum topic
    When you wash your hair....

kelx has posted in the forum topic
    Loreal Mascara

dandy_123 has posted in the forum topic
    Favourite Fruit?

Caitlinh added a new review for
    Koolaid Jammers