3.9/5
Prestige Item
Pureology Hydrate Conditioner Reviews

October 30, 2019

Minty!

I received a free sample of this, and was sceptical at first, but it's fantastic! The smell is great, and it leaves your hair super soft and your scalp cool and tingling, but in a good way! I would recommend this product to anyone who color treats their hair, after one use I can feel a major difference in my hair with how hydrated it now is!

1.0/5

October 14, 2019

One of the worst conditioners I've used

I have no idea how people can like this conditioner so much. I received a sample of Pureology Hydrate® Condition and it's among the worst I have ever used.

It takes forever to rinse out. After my shower, my hair felt dry. I did my normal leave in and oil treatment routine and my hair sopped that up like a paper towel dropped in a pool, and felt like it needed more.

And just like the shampoo (separate review) IT STINKS! But WORSE than the shampoo! It's supposed to smell like "peppermint and corn mint essential oils". This one had a menthol smell so strong I started coughing and my eyes teared up. That smell barely went away a day later. My bathroom garbage still smells of it due to the empty packages a few days after trying the products!

I did something I have never done before for this review, I pulled the packet out of the garbage to check a suspicion. Yes, menthol is in the conditioner, and yes, there appears to be a few different alcohols in there too.

There are many other conditioners for dry or colored hair. Go for those instead.

October 13, 2019

Great product

I love the way my hair feels after using this product! It's so shiny and soft and it actually has volume!! The only issue I found was that I really don't like the smell! It's very powerful and I'm really not a fan.

September 23, 2019

wow

Pureology
    Great product! I am a bit pickier with the products I use, especially since I have thin blonde hair and find certain products either weigh my hair down or can make my hair look brassy over time. I have had good luck with all the Pureology products I have tried, including this one. A bit on the pricier side but definitely worth the money

July 29, 2019

Lovely mint scent

Hair type: Short, naturally wavy, thick, brunette, greying, ageing hair.

I’ve had poor experiences with Pureology in the past, so I wasn’t sure if this would be any better, but I actually loved this conditioner! I used it with a non-matching shampoo that gives my hair a lot of lift and this helped take some of the fuzz out and smooth it down a lot. My hair also seemed shinier, happier and didn’t get oily any faster. It was a lot softer to the touch and looked soft, but in a really healthy way, without being lank or heavy feeling.

I also loved the smell. It’s got a brilliant fresh, minty scent that I really enjoyed. Often minty shampoos lean on the menthol side, but this is like a zingy spearmint.